TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im debating getting a 1" body lift for my truck after getting my new bumper on this weekend. those of you that were there know that there is NO gap between the bumper and body.

since im planning on running 35/12.5s eventually anyway would this be worthwhile? the gap between the pinch weld and my sliders is 0" so I dont think I would need to worry much about relocating my sliders.

the rear bumper needs new mounts anyway so thats not a concern.

so would a 1" body lift now be the best solution for my bumper clearance issues and later tire fitment issues? I know ill still have to tub the firewalls for the tires but an inch would help.

Ill get pics tonight or tomorrow.

and this isnt another generic should I body lift it thread. this is specific to my truck and the issues stated above. so id appreciate input from those who know my truck.

·
7,735 Posts
I'd go for it if I were you... front bumper clearance problems should go away. Your sliders might look a little funny, but with just an inch, it'll go unnoticed by everybody except those of us who will just make shit up to give you a hard time about it, so you really have nothing to loose there.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
IIRC you can't fit 35's with just 3.5 inch lift and a 1" body... i have a 2" and i can stuff 33's no issues

and then its an excuse to get a short throw shifter.... mmmmm short throw. well i guess that only counts if you have a manual...

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4crawler is who I would go to troy. I feel like it would help more than it would hurt at this point since all my armor is so tight to the body anyway. and no rich, I wont be able to fit 35s with just my lift +1" body lift. but I know i wont have as much firewall tubbing as nate did.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I don't know your truck, but I agree that a good quality one does wonders for fitment issues, and Roger's are first rate. I've never had problems even with my 3" one, but it was done using high quality components, and the Runner has been on trails in Moab and others like that. You should be fine.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after reading through 4crawlers website it seems that they have made 1/2" body lifts in the past. that would fix my bumper clearance issues but wouldnt really help much with tire fitment down the line. thoughts?

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
i still say.... you dont resolve tire fitment issues until you go to 1.5" to fit 33x12.5.... if you aren't going that route then a 1"should be fine

·
7,735 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the hassle of doing a 1/2" over a 1".. you're not going to notice the 1/2" difference between the 2. If I remember right, he'll charge you for the 1" even if he has to cut them down to 1/2", so there's no $$ savings.

BTW, I have 1" pucks somewhere for my bed, I'm not 100% sure on the diameter of the taco body mounts, but you could test fit mine to see what 1" is going to look like before you order

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think Im just going to call 4crawler this afternoon since the bumper banging on my body is driving me crazy. the worst it will do is make my gap in the sliders look huge (to me). I doubt anyone else will notice. and if its that big of a deal I can always relocate them if I really have to.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
IIRC you can't fit 35's with just 3.5 inch lift and a 1" body... i have a 2" and i can stuff 33's no issues
You cant? really? ;) I'm doing it with about 3" of lift, and no body lift. True 35's too with no rubbing :p

just body lift it jay, means you'll have to tub less when you go 35's as well. So your clutch feel will be more comfortable, where as in mine I have to use almost strictly just the tip of my shoe to get it down. I tubbed a lot of extra room out in my firewall though (to allow for different alignment specs down the road, etc.)

·
7,735 Posts
I think the key word in that post was "just"... you're clearing after tubbing, which is more than "JUST" a 3.5" + 1" BL.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I think the key word in that post was "just"... you're clearing after tubbing, which is more than "JUST" a 3.5" + 1" BL.
I'm just giving him some shit, and some grief, for the same reason I caught it from him about another matter ;)

Hence, smileys ( :):eek::D:rolleyes:;):p:cool::mad::eek::confused::( :2cents: :saw::welder::lmao: )

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so 4crawlers customer support blows. I emailed them (dont list a phone number on their website) asking if with a 1" you do need things like the steering extension ect or if I can get away with pucks and hardware. all he did was email me a link to the exact page where I had quoted him part numbers off of. would I need a steering extension with it? i know i dont need the bumper brackets. im just trying to keep it as cheap as I can.

and with a 1" i know there will still be tubbing required to go 35s. but I know it will be a lot less.

·
7,735 Posts
so 4crawlers customer support blows. I emailed them (dont list a phone number on their website) asking if with a 1" you do need things like the steering extension ect or if I can get away with pucks and hardware. all he did was email me a link to the exact page where I had quoted him part numbers off of. would I need a steering extension with it? i know i dont need the bumper brackets. im just trying to keep it as cheap as I can.

and with a 1" i know there will still be tubbing required to go 35s. but I know it will be a lot less.
I guess you didn't read the FAQ's where it specifically answers your question. You know.. that link that says "Frequenly asked questions with answer too" and the "Please read this"

HINT: you don't need to do anything else with just 1"

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have that exact same body lift and it does require an extension from what I recall... His site isn't intuitive at all but the answers are on there...

I had the same thing, about an 1/8 inch between the pinch welds and the slider (pre body lift), but I'm only running 33's and only rub with compression.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
What is the matter with customer service these days? I mean really!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts