does anyone have a write up on how to take off a bl, i have a basic idea, but i was wondering if there is a certain way or where to start at... the shifters were not extended and i know about the bumper brackets, brake lines and fuel filler hose... anyway pics or a write-up would be great... i just bought the truck and dont like bl....
Josh, if you don't have any instructions I can try & dig up a set & fax you. Problem areas:
1. getting original hardware (body & bed bolts) I may have a set in the garage since we've done about 10 body lifts over the past year... just pay shipping & it's yours.
2. steering extension removal
3. radiator may be dropped down or else they pulled the bottom of the shroud out (might have one laying around also)
4. brake lines are extended- so make sure they compress down good with out kinking.
5. The fuel lines (as you know) will be tricky, it really depends where they cut it apart.
Odd's & ends, your battery cable and breathers will need to be secured, if you don't have the clips use zip ties. If shifters weren't extended that's good, but it means they probably "massaged" the floor pan & may have cut/removed the bottom boot. Replace it if you can afford to. You didn't say if yours was an auto, you will likely have to readjust your linkage if so.
I'll post if anything else comes to mind, feel free to PM me if you need anything to help you.
option- find someone in your local club that wants a body lift... give it to them in exchange for thier stock stuff & help each other out...