TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been a fan of body lifts, BUT, lately I've been thinkin'.
Wouldn't a body lift help protect the rockers a little? Better yet, make more room to install sliders? I suppose this could be common knowledge, but honestly I've never thought of a body lift from that perspective before! Anyway, now that I'm "thinkin'"...can anyone offer dos/don'ts, a particular manufacturer to buy from/stay away from for body lifts? I did a search but found I was weeding through posts that didn't answer my questions? I'm thinking about a 2.5" DR CO's up front and Deaver in the rear and a 2" body lift. Then either 32x11.5x15's or 285/75-16's or maybe 33x12.5x16's if they won't rub.
Opinions, comments very welcome!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yeah they do make more room for sliders. I think the most accepted body lift around here is Roger Brown. I have a set and love mine. If i were you i would either go with a 3" BL (although many people dont like that much) or a 3" suspension so you won't have as much rubbage.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Mikevr007 said:
I have never been a fan of body lifts, BUT, lately I've been thinkin'.
Wouldn't a body lift help protect the rockers a little? Better yet, make more room to install sliders? I suppose this could be common knowledge, but honestly I've never thought of a body lift from that perspective before! Anyway, now that I'm "thinkin'"...can anyone offer dos/don'ts, a particular manufacturer to buy from/stay away from for body lifts? I did a search but found I was weeding through posts that didn't answer my questions? I'm thinking about a 2.5" DR CO's up front and Deaver in the rear and a 2" body lift. Then either 32x11.5x15's or 285/75-16's or maybe 33x12.5x16's if they won't rub.
Opinions, comments very welcome!
I run a Roger Brown 3" BL and it has been satisfactory so far. Get the ulimate pucs in the HDPE and recycle your stock bodymount washers for best results. If you have to use a bl this is the best. It also depends on how hard you beat on the truck. If you wheel like you are pissed at the truck perhaps a bl is not for you. If you are carefull they will do fine.

Mine may be coming off because I am starting to hate my truck. :eek:zzy:

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
1. Most sliders are designed and built with no body lift in mind. That being the case it would look odd if you did not build the sliders for the body lift.
2. The sliders will protect your rockers adequately as that is what they are build to do. I have wheeled for years and have no rocker damage because they are protected by the sliders.
3. The BL will just raise you CG increasing the chance of a roll over or flop while making your on pavement handling worse.

I would stay a non fan of body lifts and either run a smaller tire or cut the offending sheet metal instead.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Dick Foster said:
1. Most sliders are designed and built with no body lift in mind. That being the case it would look odd if you did not build the sliders for the body lift.
2. The sliders will protect your rockers adequately as that is what they are build to do. I have wheeled for years and have no rocker damage because they are protected by the sliders.
3. The BL will just raise you CG increasing the chance of a roll over or flop while making your on pavement handling worse.

I would stay a non fan of body lifts and either run a smaller tire or cut the offending sheet metal instead.
I agree with this. I just don't look forward to refabbing my sliders. I feel precariously perched after two years on pucks. But for a quick way to clear tires it's OK but the cut out flares were not available when I did mine.. I see another option now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts