TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newb wanting to lift 07 tacoma trd with body lift 3 in. possibly pro comp can it be upgraded to 6 in. susp. lift later and retain the body lift as well or not a good idea. What also would be necessary with 3 in. body lift any steering lower or axle extension or longer boots. I have been trying to research this with not much luck. thanks. :confused:

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Yes, your steering shaft will need to be extended using some type of spacer provided in your kit. You will also need to extend your gas filler neck using some hose and clamps. These hoses and clamps may or may not be included in your BL kit. Everything else is straight forward. Loosen the stock body mount bolts on one side, remove the body mount bolts on the other and jack the body up one side at a time. The kits will also supply you with brackets to lift your front and rear bumpers. All body lift kits will supply you with the necessary hardware to complete the lift.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
why 3" BL? They look ugly + can crack and all that good stuff ppl will flame you about if you put on on there..... esp on a bran new 30K truck.. hell u had money to buy that.. whats 1500 more to upgrade to some saw's and leaf pack for 3" lift.. or if thats still too small u can get the TC5" for like 1500$ or fab 6" for like 1800???????????

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
IMO, stay away from the 3 inch BL. I have run them and you have to keep an eye on them. They tend to come loose and also crack the sheet metal body mounts over time. The biggest BL I would go with would be 2 inch. MY :2cents: Do it right the first time. Picture this: you raise a truck suspension 3 inches, this raises the chassis and body as a unit which makes the truck more prone to roll over. You raise the same truck 3 inches with a BL and you still have crappy ground clearance and you have made the truck more prone to roll over by raising just the body. I know you guys will think that I am crazy here, but stop to think for a minute. Picture body weight as a lever acting on the suspension. Now raise the 1000+ lb body and bumpers 3 inches and leave the roll center stock and what do you have...more body roll which equals more leverage on the suspension. I have 2.5 inches of suspension lift on my truck and I'm good with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts