TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i use a body lift with my camburg uca's and donahoe coilovers? if so, is it recommended?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,420 Posts
A body lift has no relation to a suspension lift, so you can use it regardless of what kind of suspension set-up you have.

Body lifts are not recommended if you plan to do lots of high speed desert driving.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
how much jumping and stuff do ya do? If your a crazy SOB like NorCalTRD with his hoes and UCA's then i'd say don't do it...but i fly over shit and ain't scared of jumpin lil shit with my spacers, and i've had no probs with my 1" BL.

There are people on here that run em though...I wouldn't go over a 1" if you do.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i honestly wont do any major jumping, maybe none at all. does the body lift just apply to the front end? or how does it work?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
x2 showstop. You can use them both. Just stay at 2.0 or under on the BL.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bl

Use the 4crawler and roger brown stuff to stay with Body lifts from 1 to 2".

The most common selling body lift is a 3" but it shows alot of your frame and is not optimum for off road applications due to some body mount integrity issues and it does make your center of gravity higher.

IMO there is nothing wrong with a 2" Body lift if you are not going to be doing the Baja. Just keep in mind as you raise the bopy, you will see more of the frame and you will need to address the bumper brackets or you will have an ugly gap betwixt the bumper and the body. Once you put bumper extension brackets on, your rear bumper will become useless for towing so you will need to go with a reese or class III hitch for towing.

You might want to search for some member rides that have pics of BLs and see what they look like once installed.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
If you want bigger sizes tire like what I have 33x12.5 then yes get yourself a body.
What size body lift do you have? I'd love to get the 33x14" Wide Boggers (99% mud, no rocks) would this be possible, or even feasible with just the 3" suspension and BL? Or should i stick with 33x12.50's?

Also, I see most people who dont mind body lifts recommend 2" or less... What is it that the extra inch does for the 3" that makes it better or safer? Or is it just pushin the limit a little too close? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i would only use a 1 in BL

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Also, I see most people who dont mind body lifts recommend 2" or less... What is it that the extra inch does for the 3" that makes it better or safer? Or is it just pushin the limit a little too close? Thanks![/QUOTE]

3 inch puts a lot of side load on the sheetmetal cab and bed mounts. They tend to come loose and crack the mounting points. It's all a matter of leverage. Shorter "IS" better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What size body lift do you have? I'd love to get the 33x14" Wide Boggers (99% mud, no rocks) would this be possible, or even feasible with just the 3" suspension and BL? Or should i stick with 33x12.50's?

Also, I see most people who dont mind body lifts recommend 2" or less... What is it that the extra inch does for the 3" that makes it better or safer? Or is it just pushin the limit a little too close? Thanks!
I have 3" body and 2 1/2 S. from my personal experience. I have no problems with the body lift, it has been on tacoma for the past 5+ yrs. Of course the body lift was plan around what I wanted to do my truck...like slider, CBI front and rear bumper. http://www.cbioffroadfab.com/index.php (rear bumper slide 6,7) if you want to see pic.

As for the tires I would recommend staying with the 33X12.5...it would look like you will have some rubbing issue down the road if you use 14".

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, my bad. but they are having some issues with staffing or some shit.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
I don't know anything 'bout that...
Hell I didn't even know Roger had a staff... LOL

Roger handles the orders personally...
As I would assume he does for everyone...

Email Roger directly... and it will get done... [email protected]

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I have 3" body and 2 1/2 S. from my personal experience. I have no problems with the body lift, it has been on tacoma for the past 5+ yrs. Of course the body lift was plan around what I wanted to do my truck...like slider, CBI front and rear bumper. http://www.cbioffroadfab.com/index.php (rear bumper slide 6,7) if you want to see pic.

As for the tires I would recommend staying with the 33X12.5...it would look like you will have some rubbing issue down the road if you use 14".
3 inch puts a lot of side load on the sheetmetal cab and bed mounts. They tend to come loose and crack the mounting points. It's all a matter of leverage. Shorter "IS" better.

Thats what i figured. Thanks for the input!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts