TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cab is moving aside from everything else including the bed and a buddy of mine told me that i need to replace the body mount bushings. Is poly-urethane a good alternative to rubber? Would that transfer alot of vibrations to the cab? What would be my best option and could something else be causing the cab and bed to move seperate from eachother? Thanks

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
NONTRD said:
My Cab is moving aside from everything else including the bed and a buddy of mine told me that i need to replace the body mount bushings. Is poly-urethane a good alternative to rubber? Would that transfer alot of vibrations to the cab? What would be my best option and could something else be causing the cab and bed to move seperate from eachother? Thanks
have you tried retorqing them? SOunds like they are loose.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well because they were loose in the first place they widend out in the middle.

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
I installed them on my 1998 when I installed my Performance Acc 3' bl
It was pretty easy, then.
I recomend them, they are not too expensive, I think
try looking for the Energy Suspension brand

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,563 Posts
NONTRD said:
I replaced my stock bushings with the urethane bushings from Energy Suspension. I did notice that I feel more of the bumps and vibrations then I did before. My stock bushings were in good shape, so I really didn't notice any other difference or benefit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any reccomendations on rubber body mounts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts