TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My body mounts for the rear of my cab fell off. I want to buy some after market. I just want to grind off the old and weld on the new. Paying to have the mounts made is the expensive part. Where can I get mounts and bushings? Toyota dealer doesn't have mounts, they have bushings for 36 ea. Tried searching...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think a set of body mounts from Energy Suspension is like $75. I had to put them in when I bought my '96 Tacoma a couple months back.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I think a set of body mounts from Energy Suspension is like $75. I had to put them in when I bought my '96 Tacoma a couple months back.
I think he is also referring too the frame perch for the body mount... But yes, I too have the urethane body mounts...

Later
Joel

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
I think he is also referring too the frame perch for the body mount... But yes, I too have the urethane body mounts...

Later
Joel
If that is so... I'd think his frame would be wacked as well

Maybe he's talking about the bolt on part that mounts to the perches and hold the body mounts... In that case... go with the Energy Suspesnion kit... The new brackets come with the bushing set...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If that is so... I'd think his frame would be wacked as well

Maybe he's talking about the bolt on part that mounts to the perches and hold the body mounts... In that case... go with the Energy Suspesnion kit... The new brackets come with the bushing set...
Yeah, maybe his bolts just fell out (I hope:eek: ) But I don't think they'd be to hard to make either. As long as there is still a frame to weld them to.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Yeah, maybe his bolts just fell out (I hope:eek: ) But I don't think they'd be to hard to make either. As long as there is still a frame to weld them to.

It's Friday and you ain't out with yer better half ? :shame:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Later
Joel
Yeah that is what I am referring to. Sorry, I didnt know the exact teminology. I need the perch and then the bushings because they are going to get all messed up when I grind the other off.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Toyota sells the brackets. Here's a pic:

Thanks dude. I called those fuckers, and they said they did not sell this part. Well I just called them again and they said they have it. Previously they said they only selled the bushings. Thanks a lot dude. 44.87 a piece.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
It's Friday and you ain't out with yer better half ? :shame:
I am, but remind me after today! It's been brutal! OK, I've had a great time with her but she may be accebtable to you! Aren't you kinda skinny and tall and go Blah, blah when you think about sex with .......................................................................................................................................................................

Nevermind, you've never had sex with a southern woman. It's unreal!:cool:
And there's no way I'll ever share, not even with You!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Agreed. And I would buy more parts from the fuckers, as I would know which parts to buy.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Il take on for you. I am just going to go ahead and replace all four. At 132 bucks its not bad.

Good... but be sure to take a pic before you do the repair... maybe some steps along the way... and of course the aftermath...

So how did these fall off ? Rust ? Tore from the frame ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts