TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys ever get body roll after an SAS swap. I just got a new rig that was SAS swapped with FJ60 front and FJ80 rear with full hydraulic steering and the body roll is bad. Any ideas or solutions to fix. The only thing I can think of right off hand is stand the rear shocks up more. Has trail gear 3" springs up front and inboarded Chevy 63's in rear. Any ideas to help make it better or eliminate it all together.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
Any of you guys ever get body roll after an SAS swap. I just got a new rig that was SAS swapped with FJ60 front and FJ80 rear with full hydraulic steering and the body roll is bad. Any ideas or solutions to fix. The only thing I can think of right off hand is stand the rear shocks up more. Has trail gear 3" springs up front and inboarded Chevy 63's in rear. Any ideas to help make it better or eliminate it all together.
sway bar(s). I only had room for the rear so that's what I have...3-link front so no room :p
there are a couple kits available in the $400 range

and, yes, stiffer shocks will help but don't go overboard or it will ride like a tank...and old one

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to stand the rear shocks up first. I doubt it will do much. I'm debating buying an anti rock but not sure just yet. If I do I can still use it when I 4 link it. Thanks for the input Hytenor.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
I'm going to stand the rear shocks up first. I doubt it will do much. I'm debating buying an anti rock but not sure just yet. If I do I can still use it when I 4 link it. Thanks for the input Hytenor.
doubt you can go rear sb with rear 4-link...no room. with front leaf springs you can go front sb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doubt you can go rear sb with rear 4-link...no room. with front leaf springs you can go front sb.
I forgot to mention the truck had been back halfed, with dovetailed skins and bobbed. The only thing in the rear is a fuel cell on a flat piece of aluminum and the fuel cell. I didn't get that in depth in my original description. I should have been more clear.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
I forgot to mention the truck had been back halfed, with dovetailed skins and bobbed. The only thing in the rear is a fuel cell on a flat piece of aluminum and the fuel cell. I didn't get that in depth in my original description. I should have been more clear.
LOL. then try getting the rear shocks more vertical; it will help a lot.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,210 Posts
Inboarding the rear springs is your big culprit. Inboarding then makes for more leverage.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts