TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to pick up an 82 in a few minutes that I won in poker last night (good bluffer) supposed to be in fair shape with the exception of a busted windshield due to a tree during the hurricane. Also needs a new transfer case, but I couldnt beat the price. What year model body could I swap it with to get the cab back in good shape? Thought about just doing it with no windshield (trail rig) but when it rains that would suck. Any ideas? I dont REALLY want to have to fab up a lot of stuff if I dont have to, but that isnt beyond me at this point

·
Registered
117 Posts
going to pick up an 82 in a few minutes that I won in poker last night (good bluffer) supposed to be in fair shape with the exception of a busted windshield due to a tree during the hurricane. Also needs a new transfer case, but I couldnt beat the price. What year model body could I swap it with to get the cab back in good shape? Thought about just doing it with no windshield (trail rig) but when it rains that would suck. Any ideas? I dont REALLY want to have to fab up a lot of stuff if I dont have to, but that isnt beyond me at this point
I dont know how hard it is, but I know a guy who fabbed a '92 cab on front end onto an '82 frame and drivetrain. he said it wasn't to hard, but I would think it would be sort of difficult unless you are good at that kind of stuff

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
IIRC, the frame is wider on the 84+, so you'd want as early a truck as you could find.

Plus the 1st gen trucks are the coolest looking.

Post up some pix!

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
going to pick it up tuesday so I will post pictures. Definately needs a new cab, the floor is rusted out on the pass side, the dash is rough and no windshield. But who knows, it might be parted out to make a buggy. The motor(20R)/trans works and the axles are good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts