TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just outta curiousity, is any1 runnin these badass tires anymore? It seems like every1's running damn MTR's now, which I think are over-rated. If you've got Boggers, you owe it to us to post em'!

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
wslytoy said:
just outta curiousity, is any1 runnin these badass tires anymore? It seems like every1's running damn MTR's now, which I think are over-rated. If you've got Boggers, you owe it to us to post em'!
MT/R's rule on the rocks. Boggers are nice too, but not for a daily driver.

You can balance MT/R's, and drive like this on the freeway....

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Mike said:

Does your airbag light automatically come on when you hit 100 mph warning you to put the fawking camera down and watch fawking the road!:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
TACOZILLA said:
Does your airbag light automatically come on when you hit 100 mph warning you to put the fawking camera down and watch fawking the road!:eek:
It's always on to remind me that my airbags are disconnected. The warning indicator is like a happy little familiar friend every time I turn my key on. I was going to tear apart my dash and kill the bulb, but it's not currently near the top of my to-do list.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Watch The Road

Mike said:

LOL, so, are you watching the road here or what? Cause if you ain't, boggers or MTR's, you might not be driving on either, haha! Good point though! Peace, Wes

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Watch The Road

TACOZILLA said:

Yes, I agree, watch the damn road, haha!

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
The Professor™ said:
And I agree with wslytoy, haha!
Hauling ass through the Utah and Nevada desert isn't as dangerous as all the fucksticks yapping on their phones oblivious to everything around them.

Besides, my shit is off by about 7%. I was only doing 93, about the max for a very non-aerodynamic rig.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
282 Posts
Easy, I was just admiring the way that he jumps on the bandwagon. No worries.

We have our share of idiots on the road here in D-town too. They'll cut you off and then wave a finger at you to show their gratitude. lol

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
wslytoy said:
I run MT/R's for the treadwear, hwo well they stick to rocks, how they don't drone and sing on the highway, how they aren't know to have chunking and belt problems, how they can be balanced out, and basically all the damn excellent reviews of them out there. Not to slam on boggers but for me i would want those. I dont have a big chevy that is good for going through mud pits so i dont run boggers. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
boggers

Mike said:
Hauling ass through the Utah and Nevada desert isn't as dangerous as all the fucksticks yapping on their phones oblivious to everything around them.

Besides, my shit is off by about 7%. I was only doing 93, about the max for a very non-aerodynamic rig.

Later,
....Mike
while that's not exactly safe either, it is better than doin it on the interstate. not that this sounds good or anything, but you're only endangering yourself, unlike all the assholes on the road who can't drive, who can't walk and chew gum at the sametime. I just wanna know wtf makes them think they can drive and talk on a phone at the same time if they can't walk and chew gum simataneously??? Anyways, I was just giving you shit! Peace, Wes

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
boggers!

KStacoma said:
I run MT/R's for the treadwear, hwo well they stick to rocks, how they don't drone and sing on the highway, how they aren't know to have chunking and belt problems, how they can be balanced out, and basically all the damn excellent reviews of them out there. Not to slam on boggers but for me i would want those. I dont have a big chevy that is good for going through mud pits so i dont run boggers. :rolleyes:

well I mean I can understand if your truck is a daily driver. However, some ppl on this board still run MTR's on a non-daily driver rig. I'd run boggers over any tire. That's just my opinion though. Peace, Wes

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
wslytoy said:
well I mean I can understand if your truck is a daily driver. However, some ppl on this board still run MTR's on a non-daily driver rig. I'd run boggers over any tire. That's just my opinion though. Peace, Wes
It's gonna depend on the type of wheeling you do. Last October in Moab I was checking out all the rigs. Most were running MT/R's. Last time I was in Arizona MT/R's seemed to be the preferred tire. Out here in CA you see lots of MT/R's and BFG muds out on the trail.

Even if my truck wasn't my daily driver, I would still run MT/R's. They work great in all sorts of conditions, and the sidewalls are tough!

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Mike said:
It's gonna depend on the type of wheeling you do. Last October in Moab I was checking out all the rigs. Most were running MT/R's. Last time I was in Arizona MT/R's seemed to be the preferred tire. Out here in CA you see lots of MT/R's and BFG muds out on the trail.

Even if my truck wasn't my daily driver, I would still run MT/R's. They work great in all sorts of conditions, and the sidewalls are tough!

Later,
....Mike
Hear, hear. When I was stuck in a city that only had mud wheeling nearby, boggers did well. Haven't seen them anywhere else, and never on an IFS Tacoma. I can only imagine what it would sound like to have a 7.5" front diff explode as a bogger gets traction on a rock ledge...

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
every interco tire ive seen so far wear like erasers and get chunked and cut way to easily.i wanted boggers too.but not now.maybe baja claws....next time.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
boggers!

Mike said:

Later,
....Mike

true dat, I've just always seen, up until MTR's came out, ppl runnin boggers. I kinda figured MTR's would become the latest fad, for lack of a better term. Peace, Wes

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
wslytoy said:
true dat, I've just always seen, up until MTR's came out, ppl runnin boggers. I kinda figured MTR's would become the latest fad, for lack of a better term. Peace, Wes
Well, if you start seeing a bunch of Hummers or massively lifted blingin' full size rigs running MT/R's then I guess we could consider it a fad. Here in CA you see lots of MT/R's on trail rigs that actually get wheeled.

Sure, they are expensive, but they wear really well. What's it worth to you to not kill sidewalls from pointy rocks? Or to be able to haul ass down the freeway with balanced tires? Must be a reason the military uses them too, maybe they actually work off-road?

I like the look of Boggers, just that they are not the best all-around tire for us out here in the west. Now if you are just going for a pussy magnet, knock yourself out!

IMHO!

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
boggers!

Mike said:
Well, if you start seeing a bunch of Hummers or massively lifted blingin' full size rigs running MT/R's then I guess we could consider it a fad.
Must be a reason the military uses them too, maybe they actually work off-road?

I like the look of Boggers, just that they are not the best all-around tire for us out here in the west. Now if you are just going for a pussy magnet, knock yourself out!

Later,
....Mike
Now are we talkin about H2's or H1's? LOL! Is the military using these on the hummers now? I didn't know if they'd switched from those old skool goodyr mt's. And as for making a pussy magnet, I need a lot more than a good lookin truck to be considered a pussy magnet, lol!!! Peace, Wes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts