TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea so in my ventures for lunch today i decided to make egg salad sandwiches. well of course you need to boil eggs. so in the pot went three eggs which i let boil for about 10 minutes. I had cut up the cucumber and celery already and as I peeled the first egg everything looked like normal so as I was peeling the second ones shell off it broke in two resulting in an uncooked yolk.

so i had a delima and a time frame. thats when I looked at my quick fix option. I wasn't looking for the perfect egg just one that was cooked so i could chop it up anyhow. so in the microwave it went.. I thought about a number between one and 60. I had already wrapped the egg in a paper towel just for safety. and my magic number was 22... well before I reached 6 I heard a pop. I shut it off and peeked inside. well the yolk was done.

so in went egg number 3 still in its shell I figured for penetrations sake I should kick cooking time up to 36 seconds. I figured one paper towel helped keep the contents together so i figured a double wrapping would ensure the same fortune since this one was still in its shell. and this folks is how i learned its not ok to cook the egg while in its shell because at about 15 not only did i hear a pop but also a thunk I immediately turned off the microwave but the mess was already made. not only had it shreded the paper towels but managed to reduce the egg to rice sized chunks firmly embedded on all 6 surrounding surfaces. its not like you can do much in the situation other then laugh and what else clean up. but I have to say the egg was done in more ways then I expected. of course it was after cleaning up that I thought a photo would have been appropriate for all to see of my follies of the day....

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
cut a grape in half leaving the two halves attached with a piece of skin, put it in the microwave with the flat side up and see what happens :D

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
My mom taught my kids (her grand kids) what microwaves do to Peeps around Easter time.

Now every year I hear the same thing as we pass the Easter egg candy isle in the grocery store…"WE NEED TO GET SOME PEEPS SO WE CAN EXPLODED THEM!!!"

Thanks mom. you never let me do things like that growing up! LOL

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Damn you guys have too much time on your hands. I work with this guy who decided to throw in a granola bar with the warper still intacted before he threw it in he asked should i take the wrapper off....well yea duh i said so he threw it in anyway and let the sparks fly.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
if you ever need to reheat an arby's roast beef sandwich, be sure and remove the wrapper first

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
mudferret said:
Microwaving CD's, shiny side up, at a low power setting is also quite fun.
We had a microwave in the back room in my yearbook class last year. We snuck back there, made popcorn, then started packing the microwave with random stuff. We did that and it was like the 4th of July!

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
We have a radio show here in Houston that does what that they call "The Egg Pronosticator" to predict the winner of our home team football (Texans) games. The egg that pops first is the predicted winner. Apparently it stinks to no end:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just don't learn about microwaves for some reason

Microwave 1 coffee cup 0 ants......

Well how to start off buy gracious me I apparently do not learn what can and can not survive the microwave... Well I have spent the last 3 nights working overnight basically go in at 9 pm leave at 5 am it sucks... Monday night at about 130 am eastern standard time.. actually it was tuesday morning. It was the start of monday night. I decided to give myself a refil I had green tea, my green coffee cup and a microwave as my only source to heat up water. In the breakroom of doom we have 2 microslaves. and for some reason they are both missing a leg. I open up door number one and to my suprise what is walking around. ants. yes those beady little sugar ants....

I figure hell they like it in there so much lets see what happens to them after a 2 minute cycle on the merry go round of glass. the kicker is there is nothing in the damn microwave they are just wandering around in it aimlessly. Yea the cleaning lady actually makes sure to wash everything in there with bleach and I don't blame her. but these little buggers are searching for something. So as the first 30 seconds pass and I am watching from the comfort of my chair they are still walking around as the glass plate slowly rotates clockwise with a clunk. I figured they had about a minute and a half left and would meet their demise. Well when I heard the chime ding I opened the door to see the charbroiled radioactive remains of ants scattered inside the microwave. the tally was ants 1 microwave 0. the little buggers were still wandering around mabe a little dizzy but not dead. so I am going to go on a scientific guess and say ants just might survive a nuclear blast unlike us...

All the while this had gone on I had also heated up my water for my tea in my coffee mug. that time went off without a hitch. I even went for a second round on monday as well. But it was Tuesday night or the eve of wednesday morning that the microwave would win. I cracked open the door. and well no ants this time. I guess they did not find anything after all. Or it is perhaps that they have mutated into cat sized terrors plotting to take over the world due to their increased size from the radioactive exposure I leashed upon them.

Anyways It was about 2 am and I felt the sandman coming to bring the train to town and decided I needed a dose of caffine to keep me going. I did not notice it at first but as I was injecting my white pony additive (nutrasweet ( it was all I had at home in packet form)) that I peered in and realized that my cups inside had taken on a new form. or you could say it became deformed. so I have found that the 5 dollar coffee mug from seven eleven is NOT compatible with microwave sessions. So once again I am on the prowl for a coffee mug so final score tally is Microwave 1 ants 1 coffee cup 0.....

so hope is on my side that I don't find anything else that can be destroyed by the evil radiation machine...

anybody need me to hook them up with a frozen burrito???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
11 Participants
exacto
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing