TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
passenger side front tire looking low (stock tires 2005 tacoma 4 banger)...aired it up..........looks low a week later..........aired it up again........few days later low again! took to local tire shop, they repaired it- it was apparently a bolt. i told the guy it was over a week, and he didn't try to sell me a new tire, actually fixed it for free. (been to the place for all my tires for years)- QUESTION- is this plugged tire 100% safe now? i mean, could something being in there so long have damaged it worse, screwed up some inner treads or something. appreciate any input.
- mr paranoid

·
Registered
154 Posts
your tire will be fine as long as they plugged & patched it, if not you have chances of it leaking on you again, and as long as the bolt didnt cause to big of a hole then your fine with that as well. and if its not on the sidewall then again you will be fine, i fix tires all the time at discount tire so thats just my knowledge.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
patches inside the tire... are 99% trustworthy
if done right...

Plugs... well maybe only 90%
'cause they could.... on rare occasion could get spit out.

Don't worry...
neither one, in the event of failure, would likely kill or maim you ;)

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
passenger side front tire looking low (stock tires 2005 tacoma 4 banger)...aired it up..........looks low a week later..........aired it up again........few days later low again! took to local tire shop, they repaired it- it was apparently a bolt. i told the guy it was over a week, and he didn't try to sell me a new tire, actually fixed it for free. (been to the place for all my tires for years)- QUESTION- is this plugged tire 100% safe now? i mean, could something being in there so long have damaged it worse, screwed up some inner treads or something. appreciate any input.
- mr paranoid
I've plugged tires for years...never had one 'spit out' or even leak. :rolleyes:

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
I've plugged tires for years...never had one 'spit out' or even leak. :rolleyes:
Scat may be yer thang... :D

But I worked the OC county landfill(s) for 26 years...
Bet I've plug more tires then all the tire shops in OC put together

I've even plugged holes that took 3 plugs to fill :eek:
Those tend to spit out more often...

Wild tire spinning don't help the matter much :p

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies....was just concerned because it was over a week with the damn bolt stuck in it!

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
thanks for the replies....was just concerned because it was over a week with the damn bolt stuck in it!
I've plugged tires on my wife's cars and never worried about them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts