TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that I've sheared the head off of one of the 4 bolts that mount the lower a-arm to the ball-joint on my passenger side. Anybody know the size off the top of their head (or have a FSM)? I'm wheeling this weekend and I really need to get another bolt in there before I head out. Thanks in advance :D

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
tenntaco said:
I just noticed that I've sheared the head off of one of the 4 bolts that mount the lower a-arm to the ball-joint on my passenger side. Anybody know the size off the top of their head (or have a FSM)? I'm wheeling this weekend and I really need to get another bolt in there before I head out. Thanks in advance :D
Daniel, the thread size should be 8mm..But something's telling me it's not a standard 1.25 pitch..I'm not positive though..

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
TacoCrazy said:
Daniel, the thread size should be 8mm..But something's telling me it's not a standard 1.25 pitch..I'm not positive though..
Yeah, I'm not sure either and I don't feel real comfrotable pulling another one out so I can drive all over town looking for a match (I guess I'll do it if I have to). The dealer gave me a part # but didn't know the specs. This will kind of fawk everything up if I can't get one in the next day or two :(

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Pull one from the other side...Each assy has 2 dowels holding it in place, it should be OK..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Use one from the other side

tenntaco said:
Yeah, I'm not sure either and I don't feel real comfrotable pulling another one out so I can drive all over town looking for a match (I guess I'll do it if I have to).
If you are really stuck, pull one from the other side. That way you will be able to limp to a hardware store to buy new ones!
I've read somewhere that these bolts have been known to come loose and Toyota checks them regularly if you get your truck serviced there.
Good luck,
P

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P1michaud said:
If you are really stuck, pull one from the other side. That way you will be able to limp to a hardware store to buy new ones!
That's what I'm going to do tomorrow if no one knows. I just figured I'd give this a shot since I didn't have time to mess with it today anyways :xpimp:

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
tenntaco said:
My thoughts exactly. OT: You going to Windrock the 19th?
March?? I'm up for it..I just recently hooked up again with a life long friend that happens to have a 95.5 Taco, bobbed bed, locked etc...I'm sure he'll be game as well..

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
tenntaco said:
That's what I'm going to do tomorrow if no one knows. I just figured I'd give this a shot since I didn't have time to mess with it today anyways :xpimp:
Just don't forget to get hardened bolts..Grade 10.9 in metric..

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
P1michaud said:
I've read somewhere that these bolts have been known to come loose and Toyota checks them regularly if you get your truck serviced there.
Good luck,
P
I've lost one in the past, must be...

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TacoCrazy said:
March?? I'm up for it..I just recently hooked up again with a life long friend that happens to have a 95.5 Taco, bobbed bed, locked etc...I'm sure he'll be game as well..
Got the bolt 10mm 1.25 pitch :D Yeah, March 19th a couple of us will be out there. Bring you're buddy. It should be fun.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
tenntaco said:
Got the bolt 10mm 1.25 pitch :D Yeah, March 19th a couple of us will be out there. Bring you're buddy. It should be fun.
Well i'll be damned..I could have sworn it was 8mm..Now we know..I'll talk to him, he should be up to it..Later..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts