TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scored a Bomber chassis and will use some ar60 axles I have. I ordered a Yeti tranny by mistake and will have to wait on the Bomber transfer case to make it a proper fit. A Traxxas 550 12t motor and currently an ae-5 esc. I don't know how long it'll last though.

Made the panels out of some face shields I jacked from work.

That's it for now. It currently is only RWD as I wait for the mail lady to bring me some proper driveshafts.

#CamBrady2017

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I put a set of Wild Boar driveshafts on and bought a Traxxas 12t 550 can and ran it on 3s through an Axial ae-5. It lasted about 5 minutes before the esc let out it's smoke. I then dug out at a sensorless 2100kV 3650 brushless and cheap esc. Dropped down to a 56 tooth spur from a 64 tooth and it runs pretty good with that. I'll order a slightly better ESC that I can program and run it until something lets out it's smoke. Then upgrade everything. I think this thing is going to be a blast once I get it squared away.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I snapped an axle shaft Sunday afternoon playing around. So I ordered up a set of Axial unis and they should be here in a few days. I've also got a set of 2.2 BFG Krawlers on beadlocks that need some 6bolt hubs installed.

#CamBrady2017

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got this up and running great. 2-3s on a 1900kV motor and it'd move along pretty quick. But it's limited to the bashing and I grew tired of it around my house. So I traded it for a used Exo Terra. This thing gets along very fast and handles great going fast. But I got seller's/trader's remorse. Hit the classifieds and found a Bomber slider I couldn't pass up. This one won't as much a basher, but a trail rig. Currently a brushed motor.

The Exo Terra was missing its cage. So I swapped a Yeti front shock tower both front and rear for the body posts and mounted a no longer used body onto it. Currently looking for some good SCT tires and wheels are a cool set of 3.8s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts