TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed my TRD boost gauge today and everything went smooth except the wiring. It dimms opposite of my dash. The instructions say to connect to the two wires on the rheostat. They say that if it dims opposite to reverse the wires, and I did. I also tried grounding each wire individually, and no luck. I am stumped. Anyone else have this problem? :confused:

·
Registered
612 Posts
That reminds me of a handgun I used to own. It would not fire with the safety off, but it would with it on! Figure that out...

·
Registered
264 Posts
taco99trd said:
So I installed my TRD boost gauge today and everything went smooth except the wiring. It dimms opposite of my dash. The instructions say to connect to the two wires on the rheostat. They say that if it dims opposite to reverse the wires, and I did. I also tried grounding each wire individually, and no luck. I am stumped. Anyone else have this problem? :confused:
Well, here is the fsm wiring diagram you want:
http://65.200.1.6/FSM/Wiring_Manual/03tacoma/systemci/024ti.pdf

But, in simplistic terms it is like this:

+12v->dash lights->rheostat->ground.

If you connect to the two wires on the rheostat it will dim opposite of the dash lights. You need to connect the lighting between +12v and the rheostat. Use a meter to figure out which end of the rheostat is grounded. Then connect your wires between the other rheostat wire and +12v.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
you just crossed the wires...flip them around

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is the joy I am having with my tach install. It should be one of the white w/green wires. The green w/red is constant, if you can live with that

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
taco99trd said:

Yeah the TRD instructions are fucked. You have to play with the wires to see which one is the correct one. I should wrote it down when I figured it out. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts