TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I notice some guys go with boots on their shocks, and some go without. What do you prefer and why?

Seems to me that boots are the way to go (unless you're talking repeated sumberging in water maybe), but I see so many shocks without them?

I'm getting ready to install my new set of Downeys and rear shocks as well, so I'm curious. :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
sagexp said:
I notice some guys go with boots on their shocks, and some go without. What do you prefer and why?

Seems to me that boots are the way to go (unless you're talking repeated sumberging in water maybe), but I see so many shocks without them?

I'm getting ready to install my new set of Downeys and rear shocks as well, so I'm curious. :confused:
I don't like boots. Seems like they just trap junk in there. The boots that came with my shocks aren't even long enough when the shocks are fully extended!

Later,
....Mike

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
sagexp said:

Keep them off- If you wheel- you are more likely to trap mud , rocks& dirt inside the boot

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I dont have them and haven't had any problems by not having em on mine.

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Mike, I'm curious, what'ja make that tool for?

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Mike said:
It holds the crank pulley while you get that crazy torqued-down bolt out.

Later,
....Mike

Brilliant!

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Mike said:
They are good for cushioning custom tools though!

Seriously, I Was JUST looking at that pic wa few weeks ago and thinking - what did he use for that handle-

I actually picked up one of these for $10 bucks

Originally ,the guy I was helping bought a chain pipe wrench from sears but the chain was a few links too short-
So he had to make another trip out to pick up a second one-

A couple minutes later - Voilah!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts