TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure exactly where to put this, and well... move it if you don't like it.
It ain't metal so it ain't fab.
It doesn't make a 4cyl not suck so it ain't performance.

Hole here, hole there, long sweep 90 out of the box for increased flow? Tee with cleanout in the engine compartment for a sucky deckplate- who needs it? Hole beside the dash, going to slot my kickpanel real good so it can breath as much as possible.

$52, 3" closet 90, 3" 45, 3" long sweep flex 90, 3" Tee with cleanout, pipe size strainer as a keeper for inside the cab, 10"? of 3" ABS pipe, PVC cement, dremel with mitre bit, sawzall, BFH, glue rag, blood rag, 6pack.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, not much to see inside. I had to cut the ~1.5" drain thing (fits pipe ID so I could use a 1/2" long piece of pipe to back it and keep it in the hole) down to about a 1/2" wide to sneak it in there. Where it goes in is pretty much beside the dash.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Looking pretty good, Westopher. It's on my list of things to do. Nice to know someone has fucked it up before I get a chance to. Thanks for Guinea pigging it up.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Looks good, almost identical to mine. Now lets see if the fender goes back on. I suspect it will be close. Oh and the noise question, no you wont hear it too much unless you want to. Works good for drowning out passengers when they wont shut up. Sucks on long uphill drives. It'll let you bury your truck past the hood for a few minutes till the cab fills up. Seal your cab floor and door drains. Later learn that water kills your engine electrics. As if you havent been told before. No really they are great, you wont need to change your filter as often too.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't driven it but I would trust Shovelracer to know since he has.

I always guinea pig shit, I hate it. It would be different if I weren't so fucking incompetant.

Yeah, I need to do something about the electronics- right or wrong, for now, I just basically know that I can change an alternator, etc. pretty damn easy. Bend a rod this bitch is sitting in the driveway for a while.

Considering the size of the hole in the floor for my rear shifter, I'm pretty well fucked if I get over the hood too long one way or the other. This is primarily backup/margin of safety - puddle jumping doesn't get me nearly as hard as staying dry, rightside up and home w/out anything broken.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeff. said:
Looking pretty good, Westopher. It's on my list of things to do. Nice to know someone has fucked it up before I get a chance to. Thanks for Guinea pigging it up.
I told Chris he could have whats left of my pipe- even after hes done should be plenty for you too. I didn't use much at all- you will need a little more since you won't need the tee in the middle.

·
Registered
933 Posts
If your hole isnt too big go to local auto store and pick up a universal 4x6 shift boot. It will at least slow the flow down. You'll need to get rid of the center console though. One of the best things I ever did anyways.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shovelracer said:
If your hole isnt too big go to local auto store and pick up a universal 4x6 shift boot. It will at least slow the flow down. You'll need to get rid of the center console though. One of the best things I ever did anyways.
I've thought about it... I think I would need a 6x6 though- no body lift. What I have now is a trimmed down Aluminum/rubber roof boot. It doesn't seal against the shifter, but once I figure I'm real done messing with this thing I'll RTV and screw it down. I've got a piece of 3/4 foam between it and the cupholder its coming up through which makes it all pretty snug.
Like you said- it will slow down the flow.

Console issue is something on my booty fab list of shit to do... cheap. But I spent all my truck allowance I saved up today so I'm screwed for a while.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn... that does look good.
Where do you pur your coffee.. thats the question.

·
Registered
169 Posts
shovelracer said:
Seal $10
Removing useless cupholders - Priceless

Dont mind the shift knobs, they match now.
I'm loving the JL in the kickplate.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The whole thing looks pretty good (except that it looks like you may have used a blunt spoon in cutting the hole, no offense it doesnt matter). I might do the same but it might make me test how deep I could go or something.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
DentedTacoma said:
The whole thing looks pretty good (except that it looks like you may have used a blunt spoon in cutting the hole, no offense it doesnt matter).
That's just Wes with a jigsaw. :saw: You should see him with a grinder and a good shirt. :D

Thanks for the offer of the leftovers, Wes...this will be at the bottom of my list, so pass it out if someone else wants/needs to do it sooner. I'm focusing on front/rear bumpers, skids, hoops and getting locked up front. ;)

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
a 3.5" holesaw works great for making the hole into the cab, just be carefull, your ecu is right behind the sheetmetal

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DentedTacoma said:
The whole thing looks pretty good (except that it looks like you may have used a blunt spoon in cutting the hole, no offense it doesnt matter). I might do the same but it might make me test how deep I could go or something.
I thought I had a bigger holesaw, and didn't want to spend the 15 bucks anyways. Was getting dark after I finally got the fender worked out from behind the headlight. I'm a function over form kind of guy- the jagged edges hold onto the pvc nice ;)

Damn Jeff, how many diapers you going to have to bump to fit all that shit in the budget? Like I said, pipe is cheap and my bender is free if you decide to say fuck the bling and just get it done.

Hopefully never Todd. It'll be there if I need it. Does sound spiffy now though- I think my little bit of odd-engine noise was coming from the mashed fender letting more air into the tube... just a hypothesis. Now it sounds more like that, just deeper and more with all this new flow. Banging the 1/8" of Moonrocks dust off the filter didn't hurt anything either.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts