TTORA Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Great work. Good drawings. With all the different tire gate designs Im glad to see one that will see some high speed use. Thats whats keeps me from buying a regular tire gate. Your design is built to last.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Looks really good! Nice fab work!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Thanks for the kind words. There were a few doubters in the beginning but I think a few of them have turned. Yeah, the cardboard spare won't last very long. Just needed somthing for mock up and did not want to throw around a heavy spare all afternoon.

Once I pick up the spare I am going to use I will be able to finish up the tire mount.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Looks great!

Any thoughts on the bed flexing on the frame since you basically tied the 2 together with that extra support?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Looks great!

Any thoughts on the bed flexing on the frame since you basically tied the 2 together with that extra support?
The bed is hard mounted anyway. There is no rubber bushing separating the bed from the frame so bed flex is minimal and he shouldn't have any issues...

Later
Joel

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Pics????

·
Registered
829 Posts
I wanted to see as well but he hasn't logged in since 6/21.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. There were a few doubters in the beginning but I think a few of them have turned. ....
The reason for the doubters, was that you did not have the reinforcement tubing, to your frame, like you did later (after people reviewed the design). Your first mock-up was not strong enough for what your design was intended to do. Now it looks great and functional! :xbeer1: :clap:

Guess I'll add mine to the mix since this guy isn't piping up :D

Hey, I saw your post on Pirate about your build, great write up BTW. . . . question, for the two HUGE NUTs for your sparetire tie-down, did you ever weld on a reinforcement plate there? I don't remember what your response was.
I agree that tubing would not be totally necessary, but a flat bar-stock, would work just as fine. Oh yeah, great build!

61 - 80 of 101 Posts