TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
If some other plans I had fall through I will see what I can do...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me and a few cruisers are hitting the Pits your welcome to join us....A-pit around 9ish
ive never been to that one. pm me where yall meet up at, i may come out or just ride along along since ive never been there (if there is space)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im leaving my house and probably wont be back until about 130 or 2 am so i guess if anyone else is going to go post up or pm me and if not then im not sure im gonna go (no offense wag). but we can go out next sat since im off if no one else wants to go tomorrow

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Nick,
I think I'm going to go. I'm not 100% sure so call me in the morning before you leave.

·
Registered
141 Posts
well im leaving my house and probably wont be back until about 130 or 2 am so i guess if anyone else is going to go post up or pm me and if not then im not sure im gonna go (no offense wag). but we can go out next sat since im off if no one else wants to go tomorrow
Just finished packin up crap to hit the trail tomorrow...

There is a few open seats and you are more then welcome in my rig. Call me at 904-315-6555 in the morning if ya want. Ill be up at 6:30ish in the am.

We meet on W.HWY 326 and I75 at a gas station. I think its a gate, it also has an Arby's in it. Just give me a ring if ya get lost..

Til tomorrow.

-Al

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn i feel like a total asshole cuz i just got home and there is no way i can make it out there in the morning. im so damn tired and beat. but at least yall were already going and im not ruining the trip. im down for next sat though for sure if anyone else is.

sorry im a pansy lol. take lots of pics tomorrow

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Well for some reason I was unable to meet up for the Land Cruiser guys today. So I wheeled solo both boston is the other place never by looking for them but I never found them.

Boston hasn't been wheeled is a while, it's starting to get over grown but there is a few new trails/lines that someone has made but since I was the only one there I decided to just stick the normal routes. We really need to get out there together before I leave for SC.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Scott is itching to take his FJ60 out since Neil finished it... PM him and see if he'll ride with you guys... he needs to use his winch a few times to test it out some more!!!

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Scott is itching to take his FJ60 out since Neil finished it... PM him and see if he'll ride with you guys... he needs to use his winch a few times to test it out some more!!!

I will not show him where the place in question is. His FJ60 is in good of shape to take out there. I took it easy out there today and even took the by passes and I still came back with a couple of new dents.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I'd leave that up to him wether he wants to dent his rig or not but I think since a few of us have met/wheeled with scott now that he is welcome to come out to the pits with us sometime. I know I need to make it out there BAD!! So with that said, lets plan a day soon! The only weekend I can see not working for me is the weekend of July 7th. Any other time should be good! :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well for some reason I was unable to meet up for the Land Cruiser guys today. So I wheeled solo both boston is the other place never by looking for them but I never found them.

Boston hasn't been wheeled is a while, it's starting to get over grown but there is a few new trails/lines that someone has made but since I was the only one there I decided to just stick the normal routes. We really need to get out there together before I leave for SC.
I really dont know how ya missed us. There were 2 rigs on the side of the gas station at a little before 9 and I called ahead to let them know I was running late because one of the rigs I was running with was having problems with there rig. I ended up getting there 30-45 mins late and we at A-Pit by 10 and did the southeast loop over by where the VW bus side boulders were and had some problems with a zonked drive shaft on a rock.

I wish ya would have called me, I really wanted to hit the trail with you. Our group ended up doing just about everything you can at A-pit and really dint have time for B-pit becuase it was getting late and the rains began. We really dint break much besides a driveshaft and my motor mount. Its the second trip in a row I broke a motor mount after I doubled my crawl ratio. I think I am going to have to just run a bolt thru the whole thing so I stop breaking them.

It was a freakin blast of a day, albeit hot...I really wish more TTORA guys would have shown. Ended up being just 5 cruisers...

And if ya get a chance let the dude in jaxs with the 60 know there is a bunch of 60 dudes right down from him that can help him out with just about anything.

Ill keep my eye on the board for the next trip in hopes of making it with some of you guys as well...

over and out,
-Al

P.S. Im sorry you missed us, I feel really bad about that, and really have no clue how you missed us. The only thing I can think of is you strolled by and missed us when we were over by the VW sized boulders...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
saturday june 30th

boston and alpha (for those that want to... i will ride along there)

im IN for this as of right now. i have no work or anything so im good for it as long as no emergencies pop up.

anyone else in?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have to take a trip to gainsville to help install a tranny in a buddies diesel cruiser so there is no chance I can make it...wish I could, Id rather wheel the wrench :(

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
P.S. Im sorry you missed us, I feel really bad about that, and really have no clue how you missed us. The only thing I can think of is you strolled by and missed us when we were over by the VW sized boulders...
Al, I don't know I missed you guys either. I would have called you but I forgot to get your # and my CB has stoping working for good. You guys were in the only part of the pit I didn't go, I made about 5 passes around looking at both enterances for tire tracks other mine. If I would have slowed down and remembered to write your # down I would have found you. I enjoyed myself but I wish there would have been someone there to witness how easy the Runner crawled up some of the steep hills, I was shocked. I know that if there would have been someone watching I would have had trouble getting up. I took one trail out there that I've never been on before and it was really fun and scared my for a sec. cause after this twisty steep climb my Runner didn't want to steering. I had thought that I broke the steering box like at River Rock but it turnes out I forgot to unlock the front locker.

It turned out to be a really good day, I stoped by Camp Blanding and cooled off in the Lake with my wife and daugther.

Boston has gotten really easy in some spots and the new lines look very fun/hardcore.

For your motor mount problem, Have you tried the welding a short chain from your frame to the metal part of your motor mount? Alot of 22R guys do that to fight broken motor mounts.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I'd leave that up to him wether he wants to dent his rig or not but I think since a few of us have met/wheeled with scott now that he is welcome to come out to the pits with us sometime. I know I need to make it out there BAD!! So with that said, lets plan a day soon! The only weekend I can see not working for me is the weekend of July 7th. Any other time should be good! :D
I was really just joking and I know that he doesn't mind wheeling his 60. The only real problem that he'd have out in the pits is the carb. At RiverRock his carb would stall out on him on steep hills.

·
Registered
509 Posts
we think we've fixed the carb issue... any time we came to a steep hill he would pull the manual choke out a little and it worked pretty good. Either that or he'll be testing out his new winch... LOL I wish I could go this weekend but I have to work!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I was really just joking and I know that he doesn't mind wheeling his 60. The only real problem that he'd have out in the pits is the carb. At RiverRock his carb would stall out on him on steep hills.
That sucks. Time to switch to propane!:cool:

·
Registered
141 Posts
we think we've fixed the carb issue... any time we came to a steep hill he would pull the manual choke out a little and it worked pretty good. Either that or he'll be testing out his new winch... LOL I wish I could go this weekend but I have to work!
With proper tuning they can run on silly angles. Might have to lower your float a bit so it doesnt flood as much. Also somtimes its not even the carb. I switched to a fuel cell and no longer have this problem. If he is running a half tank of gas and goes for a steep climb the pick up is near the front of the tank and will suck air giving you the same result and a de-tuned carb.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts