TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has tried using a bottle jack or any other similar method to push in the front inner fender wells as an alternative to tubbing the inner fender? Im thinking the bottom of the outer portion of the fender may still need to be trimmed but just curious if this has been attempted

·
Registered
18 Posts
I tried it on the bed, right before i started cutting, It was creasing and i decided it was going to look worse than just cutting it, I saw it done on a truck and it had the same crease that i was starting to get, I have not ever seen it on the front fenders though, If you are that worried about not cutting the front fenders why not just get fiberglass fenders with 3 or 6 inch bulge.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I tried it on the bed, right before i started cutting, It was creasing and i decided it was going to look worse than just cutting it, I saw it done on a truck and it had the same crease that i was starting to get, I have not ever seen it on the front fenders though, If you are that worried about not cutting the front fenders why not just get fiberglass fenders with 3 or 6 inch bulge.
i think he means push in the firewall with the bottle jack, but im not sure? if that is what u mean just cut it out and patch it up. do it the right way its not that hard to do and looks way way cleaner

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think he means push in the firewall with the bottle jack, but im not sure? if that is what u mean just cut it out and patch it up. do it the right way its not that hard to do and looks way way cleaner
That is what I meant.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
That is what I meant.
just pushing the firewall in with the jack will pop the sheet metal joints and leave you with a nice hole or holes to weld back up...do it right or don't bother.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just pushing the firewall in with the jack will pop the sheet metal joints and leave you with a nice hole or holes to weld back up...do it right or don't bother.
Ok, my idea was to do what most people do with a hammer but to make it look cleaner instead of having hammer marks all in the inner fender.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Ok, my idea was to do what most people do with a hammer but to make it look cleaner instead of having hammer marks all in the inner fender.
good luck with that.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Are you talking about the pinch weld or actually tubbing for 35"+ tires?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts