TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 94 pickup, 4x4, extended cab, 3.0 v6 with high miles and was looking to have a mechanic give it a good once-over for me, any one have any suggestions in the Denver area?

Interested in having them check out common rust areas, oil/fluid leaks, possibly run a compression check, listen to the engine (valves), check CV's, etc.

Also, I'd like to get all the fluids changed, new spark plugs, etc but would like someone more experienced than me doing it cause often there are clues in there.

It's got 213,000 on it, runs pretty good and I got 20 mpg on the 1st tank of gas, so hopefully I'll be able to drive it for a bit. If it turns out to be in good shape I wouldn't mind eventually putting a new engine in it or even upgrading to the 3.4L.

I like the forum here, seems like lots of good people!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Here are the Toyota Mechanics we recommend. Most are members here, or are good friends with members. If I list their screen name you can PM them and ask them if they are willing to do side work. (Usually they are if not too busy)

Brian aka "thefatkid" - Used to work for Burt Toyota which just got bought by Groove Motors.

Daryl aka "BlownTaco" Works in South Denver at Arapaho Toyota (can't remember the name)

Jacob - www.toycrawlers.com (His side job site) - works for Boulder Toyota.

All 3 above are Toyota Tech's (Brian Being a Master Tech, but the other 2 practically are)

Welcome to CoTTORA. Where in Denver do you live?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks a lot for the info, will send out some PM's.

I'm in Potter Highlands, near 38th and Fedral.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts