TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on where to camp on the water at bowman lake? If there's even water spots available. I haven't been up there yet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
There is a camp ground on the back side of the lake coming in from 20. That will be the only place you can have camp fires . There's also some spots where the creek comes in but you can't have fires there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
If they are you can always use a propane grill or stove for cooking.

Although the place is practically in my backyard I don't know if they are under restriction now or not but you could check the Tahoe NF website or give them a call. I noticed the fire danger sign was posted as high as I passed by yesterday and it is dry up here.

If you go through Washington on the way to Bowman Lake, be sure to stop in for a beer. Washington is right on the South Yuba and they have some interesting folks there. It took three trips before I was able to pay for my own beer. The Old Five Mile House on 20 is good too but it's closed Mondays. Live music every night along with good food and drink. It's my neighborhood watering hole.

There are pay for campgrounds at Scotts Flat Lake and I'm sure you can have a fire there but ya gotta pay to camp there. It's a bit civilized though. Toilets showers and all that sissy stuff. Stop by my place on Scotts Flat Road and I'll let you scrounge all the firewood you can haul but you'll have to cut and split it yourself. It's down on the ground and sawn into shorts already. You can have anything you want but the oak.

I think they are under burn restriction right now anyway correct?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they are you can always use a propane grill or stove for cooking.

Although the place is practically in my backyard I don't know if they are under restriction now or not but you could check the Tahoe NF website or give them a call. I noticed the fire danger sign was posted as high as I passed by yesterday and it is dry up here.

If you go through Washington on the way to Bowman Lake, be sure to stop in for a beer. Washington is right on the South Yuba and they have some interesting folks there. It took three trips before I was able to pay for my own beer. The Old Five Mile House on 20 is good too but it's closed Mondays. Live music every night along with good food and drink. It's my neighborhood watering hole.

There are pay for campgrounds at Scotts Flat Lake and I'm sure you can have a fire there but ya gotta pay to camp there. It's a bit civilized though. Toilets showers and all that sissy stuff. Stop by my place on Scotts Flat Road and I'll let you scrounge all the firewood you can haul but you'll have to cut and split it yourself. It's down on the ground and sawn into shorts already. You can have anything you want but the oak.

Thank you I really appreciate it:) were going to head up early Friday morning just to do some camping. I don't think I'm even bringing my truck:(. But it will be nice to get out. I have been busy this year, I haven't done any camping yet and were trying to find some new spots for dispersed camping. Preferably with out any crowds.

If they aren't under fire restriction(pretty sure they are) I may take you up on that offer. I will let you know, and thank you again.

·
Registered
667 Posts
It might be pretty difficult to find a spot, i went up a few weeks ago and even my secret spots were taken, the earlier the better. Take some pics while your up there!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It might be pretty difficult to find a spot, i went up a few weeks ago and even my secret spots were taken, the earlier the better. Take some pics while your up there!

We were going to leave Thursday night after work but since none of us have been up there we wanted day light. New plan is to head up early Friday morning. Most likely leave around 4-5 ish.

Do you by any chance have gps coordinates to a few of your spots? 😏😏

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think they are under burn restriction right now anyway correct?

Yes, I was there a couple week ago and the ranger said fires were allowed in the camp ground only Any where els there are no fires and propane only with permit. You may want to stop and pick up a permit incase there are no spots in the camp ground

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
[email protected]
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing