TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this up in the National Forum, but thought Id put it here for you guys too. Let me know what you think.

I finally finished building my tube bender so I figured it was time to put it to use and build some sliders for my Tacoma. The legs and base of the sliders are built out of 2"x2" .120 box, the fish plates and leg supports are built from 3/16" plate, and the tube is 1.5" .120. It took 1 day to design and build the base of the sliders and another day to do all the tube work and final welding. I just painted them this morning, and I will weld them to the truck tomorrow morning and then Ill get some pics of them on the truck for yall. Enough talk, on to pictures.

The legs, fish plates, and the main bars are on the bottom.

Didn't take a lot of pics because its just welding them together. So here are the bases welded together.

Started bending some tube for what I wanted and mocking things up to cut the proper angles.

After the angles were right, I tacked everything into place, made my support legs for the tube and welded everything together. The tube kicks up at a 29* angle.

Here are a few shots after paint this morning.

Ill get them welded on tomorrow and get some pics of them on the truck up here.

·
7,735 Posts
Very nice... work!

But, the legs all look to be the same length and angles. The front leg is always odd due to the frame bend at the front on every slider I've installed :confused:

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Very nice... work!

But, the legs all look to be the same length and angles. The front leg is always odd due to the frame bend at the front on every slider I've installed :confused:
Same here. The front tube winds up longer and at a funky angle. The rear and mid seem to line up almost straight in most cases depending on placement.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Legs line up perfectly at all three points of contact to the frame. The year might make a difference though. These are going on a 2010 DC SB.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Yep, those look pretty damn sawheet; do you have a total for materials? As in, "what did the metal cost ya?"

Sweet; I may borrow this design when I build my next sliders.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Those look awesome! Very clean and professional looking.

·
7,735 Posts
Legs line up perfectly at all three points of contact to the frame. The year might make a difference though. These are going on a 2010 DC SB.
That's the important part... you just can't pass judgement without actually seeing the situation, taking measurements, etc.

very nice work! congrats on making your own parts and having them come out the way you wanted. That's harder than it seems.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts