TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a boxing day run today with SteveO and some Jeepers. There was about a foot of fresh powder lain down on top of ice. Made for some sketchy sections. Off camber parts were very slick and tricky, and the use of brakes when decending hills would send you out of control, so I was happy for low range and a manual transmission.

Steve, and 2 of the Jeeps fell into a icy ditch on one of the downhills, everyone of them partially popped a bead and Steve slid down the hill on the passenger side of his truck. No damage thanks to the fresh powder. Wasn't there yet to get pics. Was fun when you realized you didn't have enough momentum/traction to make it up a hill, if you touched your brakes when you started sliding back you ended up on an out of control toboggan ride, so it was always a struggle to slam it in reverse as quick as you could.

I managed to slide into a powder hole, the friendly XJ who rescued me got an "Official Tacoma Recovery Vehicle" sticker.

Pics Here.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Nice driving, the pics don't do it justice. :D

A good day, a little carnage for everyone I guess. 2 torn off flares, 2 cracked flares, a good size dent in my quarter panel, bent Jeep steering components, a crushed fender and drag marks on my snorkel from hitting the ground :confused: . Very fun though, looking forward to Friday to do it again. Might be a good idea to bring a chainsaw if we can round one up though, we'd have been screwed today without one.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SteveO said:
Nice driving, the pics don't do it justice. :D

A good day, a little carnage for everyone I guess. 2 torn off flares, 2 cracked flares, a good size dent in my quarter panel, bent Jeep steering components, a crushed fender and drag marks on my snorkel from hitting the ground :confused: . Very fun though, looking forward to Friday to do it again. Might be a good idea to bring a chainsaw if we can round one up though, we'd have been screwed today without one.
I missed out on the flares. Who tore them off? I hope it weren't yours that cracked.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
mudferret said:
I missed out on the flares. Who tore them off? I hope it weren't yours that cracked.
Grant lost two, completely torn off, Vince had about an 8" crack and the crunched fender on the drivers front and my drivers rear is cracked from one of the bolts to the edge from this encounter, it's minor though. Turns out they don't flex when you run them into stuff.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
mudferret said:
Shit, you didn't even tag it that hard, must've been the cold.
My next set of sliders will have to stick out a couple extra inches to keep that from happening again. I also seem to need a wrap-around bumper. :welder:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts