TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought Chris Ernst's Ol' Yeller single cab cage. Had to stretch it some and finagle it to make it fit. Hopefully it will work in the event it's ever needed. :eek:

Can't open the vent window or roll up/down the windows with the doors closed and it's a little more difficult getting in and out.... no wonder exo's are so popular! :p

Added a rear cross bar thinking harness attachment but I may have it too low. I had to cut the main hoop to get it installed. I just could not get it in there otherwise. The rear main hoop contour doesn't fit the EXT cab just exactly but it'll have to do.

Had to make a "lift kit" for the rear. Also cheated it over as far as I dare to get it as tight to the cab as possible. As able to mount the rears right over the body mount and fronts over half the body mount. It may not survive a KOH roll but maybe it'll hold up enough to for a slow roll.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Looks good.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
Nice work man. May I suggest a crossbar along the dash and 1 diagonal bar in the rear behind the seats? It will spread the load and be much stronger. Now that you tow it (you sissy) the front crossbar won't be a huge factor if it crosses a bit in front on the speedo, etc. I can't see below 30mph in mine but other than that it's fine and like knowing it's there. We ran 1 diagonal bar from the passenger side top corner to the driver side bottom in the ext. cab. Looks good though. Can't wait to see it in person!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice work man. May I suggest a crossbar along the dash and 1 diagonal bar in the rear behind the seats? It will spread the load and be much stronger. Now that you tow it (you sissy) the front crossbar won't be a huge factor if it crosses a bit in front on the speedo, etc. I can't see below 30mph in mine but other than that it's fine and like knowing it's there. We ran 1 diagonal bar from the passenger side top corner to the driver side bottom in the ext. cab. Looks good though. Can't wait to see it in person!
Thanks Alan my plan was to make an X in the rear hoop but since I had to cut it and use couplings I decided it was a waste due to the coupling being the "weak link" as the diagonal bar would not be continuous.

The dash cross bar I could do tho... I've seen a couple that contour the dash and look pretty good and would add some rigidity.

Honestly, I would like to take a shot at building a cage that fit tighter and with less couplings... but I need a bender and some experience with toob first. :welder::saw: I've admired Brad's work and would love to do a partial internal/exo that ties into the backhalf ... yeah, one day maybe!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Looking good Ted!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
According to your camera this install was done back in 05 :p

Looks good!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts