TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Bradley, I wanted to check to see if you might be able to help me replace my rear shocks? I tried last night and between the gravel driveway I have and the bushings frozen on the shock mounts I gave up. Feel like such a tool since I can't even replace my rear shocks.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Hey Bradley, I wanted to check to see if you might be able to help me replace my rear shocks? I tried last night and between the gravel driveway I have and the bushings frozen on the shock mounts I gave up. Feel like such a tool since I can't even replace my rear shocks.
Yeah, no problem. Just let me know when you want to do it. I have an impact wrench and any tools that you'd need to get the job done. Also it helps to take a can of WD-40 and shove the stick as far as you can into the bushings and soak them good. Let them soak for awhile and you can usually pry them off somewhat easily.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I work all weekend but wanted to see if you doing anything Sunday evening? If not how about during the week after 6:00pm? I think I have your number. Is it 614-xxx-6450?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Yeah, I should be here all weekend. After 6 should be fine any day too, it shouldn't take very long at all to change the shocks. Actually, my number is 614-989-9450.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I should be here all weekend. After 6 should be fine any day too, it shouldn't take very long at all to change the shocks. Actually, my number is 614-989-9450.
How about this Thursday after 6:00pm? Going to Detroit Friday and was hoping to have the shocks installed before then. Let me know if this is good for you.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
WAHOOOO i can stalk eric#2 now LOL
You've been stalking me for quite awhile...LOL I get your joke texts all of the time :)

Better behave, or I'll put pinholes in your gas tank when you leave for Colorado.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
How about this Thursday after 6:00pm? Going to Detroit Friday and was hoping to have the shocks installed before then. Let me know if this is good for you.
Yeah, sounds fine with me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well looks like crappy Ohio weather might put a damper on installing shocks. I am going to see how the weather is going to be when I get out of work, but as of now there calling for thunder storms and maybe hail.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Well looks like crappy Ohio weather might put a damper on installing shocks. I am going to see how the weather is going to be when I get out of work, but as of now there calling for thunder storms and maybe hail.
Well, if it's just chilly out, or even sprinkling, then I'd be alright with it, but if its pouring rain then we should definately reschedule....

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well as you all know a 10 minute job turns into a all night deal. Turns out my shock bushing where not the correct size:mad: , me and Bradley tried drilling out the bushing but did not have a bit big enought to work. Autozone was no help so I just went to Jegs today to pick up some energy suspension bushings. I love going to Jegs since I would be using my girlfriends Corrola. Its always fun to pull up and park next to a Mustang and a Camero and rev the 4cyl engine. Anyway helpfully tonight I will be able to install the shocks. Wanted to thank Bradley for helping me get the old shocks off. Hopefully this should only take me 10 minutes to put the new ones on :D .

Just wanted to share my experience

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
So, how was the ride without any shocks? It couldn't have been any worse than with them, those things had ABSOLUTELY NO rebound in them at all. When we took them off, we collapsed them, and they just stayed that way. I couldn't believe that those Doetch shocks only came with the one set of bushings. They came with several sleeves, and even the spanner for shocks that use it, but no big set of bushings. Anyway, I'm glad that you were able to find some bushings, and I'm glad to help out anytime. It's amazing what a 3' piece of pipe can do (other than being a great equalizer to carry in your truck) LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts