TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were you down next to Ohio State today on High Street around noon? I think I either saw your tacoma or one that looks unbelievably like it.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Yeah, I ate lunch at Chipotle on campus today. With the weather so nice there's no better place to eat lunch and admire the view :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that was you, not many people drive your color truck w/ an ARB bumper... how much of a wheel offset do you have?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I thought that was you, not many people drive your color truck w/ an ARB bumper... how much of a wheel offset do you have?
I believe that its 3.5" backspacing. I have 32x11.5x15 BFG All Terrains, with just levelling spacers in front with minimal rubbing, and my springs are very saggy. It doesn't hit the a-arms or frame at all though, and I like the wider stance that it gives.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah the wider stance looks nice, i'm looking to get 1.5" eventually but that won't be until i have the spacer lift for a while. So do you not have a suspension lift at all?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Yah the wider stance looks nice, i'm looking to get 1.5" eventually but that won't be until i have the spacer lift for a while. So do you not have a suspension lift at all?
Nope, not yet. The spacer lift is just getting me by until I can cough up the $ for the bling 'hoes. I'm wanting to do a Donahoe stage 3 kit and move up to 33" BFG Mud Terrains or Maxxis. I figure loading my truck down with snow last winter pretty much did in any positive arch that my leaf springs had remaining :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hah, yah i'm hoping my spacers will last until i can afford a true new suspension setup, either the 'hoes or OEM

Frankly, i'll probably get a 1.5" BL before I get a true new suspension setup due to money, but thats sliders, and wheel spacers down the line

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Hey Eric, thought I would check in with you and see how the project is coming along? any new cuts on the rear section yet?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Hey Eric, thought I would check in with you and see how the project is coming along? any new cuts on the rear section yet?
Nope, not yet. I got the motor out and just about everything unbolted from the front suspension. I'm gonna try to cut off one of the crossmembers this weekend, but I need to leave the other in place until I weld in a new front crossmember. I need to find someplace local that has decent pricing on steel. I've found some places online, but you end up paying more for shipping than you do the steel itself. Once I source some square tube I'll put in the front crossmember and clean up the front, then I'll go to the back and do crossmembers, etc. I do need to find a good tube bender though. I've seen alot of people using the harbor freight benders with mixed results. It would probably be ok for sliders or a bumper, but for the amount of tube work that I'll have in this thing I'd like to get a good one and keep it as kink free as possible.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Sorry Eric, I have been busy lately whoring up my own forum!

In regards to your steel, have you found a local source yet? what we normally do is go to this one shop by Dave's place that sales "dropped" steel.

If you are familar with that idea, you will also know you can get some really good deals on the steel. you just need to be prepared to have a plan B as a lot of times they may not have exactly what you need.

Also, on the tube bender. I have the harbor freight bender. WE have been ablet to get some decent bends. My stinger was made with it. Actually the first piece I bent using the tool. I also bend the dash bar for my cage with it as well. Dave is really good with it, but I have some tricks I learned myself for using it. If you decide to go that route, let me know and I will do everything I can to help you get up to speed with it.

I also wouldn't be in a hurry to cut any crossmembers until they are absolutely in your way of placing new components. Since the project has the potiencial of sitting for a while the lesser amount of cross members you have the more the frame rails will want to "relax" so keep them on as long as you can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts