TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had to change their brake booster?

How hard was it? Were you able to source it from a parts house or is it a dealer only part?

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping O'Rielly's carries them as you know I got that covered. I did a quick read off of google & it sounds like you disconnect the brake peddle from the interior side of the fire wall and the booster comes off. I just not sure about the steering plate I installed nor the spray foam insolation I added, I'm sure it'll get in the way somehow!

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Step #1 taken care of, booster is sourced out. They are definitely "proud" of the part! $250 retail and that's not even from the "stealership"

Now I just need to find the time tomorrow from replacing a clutch slave and shifter bushing in cubby's truck ( still trying to figure out how I got so lucky as to work on his truck while he goes to kings island in his moms car) & I still have house projects to finish before going back to work Monday night

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Bear
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing