TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body heard of bad brakes on the 4th gen 4 runners? went to stop yesterday and pedal went to the floor, scared the hell out of me and i have looked around on 4 runner forums and havent come up with much, anyone got anything? fluid is full and clear, no visible leaks or anything, seems really weird to just come out of the blue and happen without any warning or signs of something not working right
i will have to assume a bad seal in master or bad master all together...98k on the rig, never seen any toyota have this kind of problem

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Factory pads? Were you mountain pass driving? Did the ABS kick on?

If it is a master, that would really suck. I don't think it would have been though. It would have been beeping at you and setting all sorts of lights on.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Front calipers working? I know they are a different platform but the FJC's seem to have issues with front calipers freezing up from rust inside them.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea factory everything, havent been able to look at pads or calipers yet but even if frozen it wouldnt go to the floor would it? i am also gonna look at bad rubber lines to see if they have any bulges, cracks or anything, some of it seems to have gone away but we all know brakes arent to be messed with, thxs for the responses, volcom:you got the truck done? werent you doing some big mods?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
volcom:you got the truck done? werent you doing some big mods?
No big mods planned for my 4Runner. I need to build some new sliders and rear bumper for it and it needs a new power steering pump but other than that, it's ready for some rocks this summer. How about yours?? I've been watching your build thread on CO4x4, Atlas looks good!

·
Registered
734 Posts
This is a shot in the dark but I had a BMW in Germany that had a wheel bearing wear a groove on the spindle. I'd make a turn and it would push the pads apart enough to make the pedal go to the floor.:2cents:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
going good, making some good progress, hope to actual wheel this year and hook up with you guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts