TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the pads and rotors on the front of my g/f's 02 Civic. They were doing great for just over a week and now they have a chirping sound when braking. Fluid level is good and I bled them completely with new fluid. Any opinions, suggestions, etc. would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Could be something simple, like a bent dust shield. I used to double check them every time I got done to make sure that the dust shield was not in the way. (I have replaced brakes on 93,94,98,99,05 Acura Integra’s) the front set up should be damm close to your GF's Civic.

Is there any chattering when pressure is applied?:confused:

Edit:
it could be one of the caliper piston bolts??? Ive seen them frozen before.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
I just replaced the pads and rotors on the front of my g/f's 02 Civic. They were doing great for just over a week and now they have a chirping sound when braking. Fluid level is good and I bled them completely with new fluid. Any opinions, suggestions, etc. would help. Thanks.
were the rotors turned ? replaced ?
What pad composition and what rotors... oem ? other ?

were the pads/rotors possibly over heated before they were seated ?

Sorry... more questions then answers at this time in my head.

a malformed backing plate or sticking piston could be culprit.
But more info is needed to make any determination, IMO

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ceramic pads, new rotors, replaced shims, seated the pads. The rotors were not oem. There is no chattering when applying the brakes. . . only a light chirping sound. There is also a rattling/clunking sound that comes and goes while driving around but stops as soon as the brakes are applied.

As of now, there is more than one problem with this car. Evidently, Discount Tire Center can't properly balance tires. I went back 3 times in one day to have them recheck their work. We just took a trip to Scottsdale this weekend and it wasn't very pleasant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts