TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts
xcmountain80 said:
Im installing some extended brake lines what is the best way to bleed the lines? Will pr filling the new lines help?
Aaron
Yes, I run fluid through the new lines before they go on the truck - just to get the insides wet- helps minimize air bubbles during that first pass of brake fluid.
~The best way to bleed the lines is with
http://www.motiveproducts.com/02bleeders.html

Ive use the old 2 man - pump b& hold brakes method as well as the mityvav hand held pump-
THe POwer bleeder is definately worth the money - allowing you con confidently flush the entire system.

Bleed each corner starting with the wheel farthest from the master cyl- Then finish off with the LSPV

·
Registered
77 Posts
grillmasterp said:
Yes, I run fluid through the new lines before they go on the truck - just to get the insides wet- helps minimize air bubbles during that first pass of brake fluid.
~The best way to bleed the lines is with
http://www.motiveproducts.com/02bleeders.html

Ive use the old 2 man - pump b& hold brakes method as well as the mityvav hand held pump-
THe POwer bleeder is definately worth the money - allowing you con confidently flush the entire system.

Bleed each corner starting with the wheel farthest from the master cyl- Then finish off with the LSPV
Although that is a very good product if you can afford that you can always get the one man bleed kit from autozone or advance autoparts. it simply plugs into the bleeder valve at the wheel and has a small container that you magnetically stick near the bleed and is conected via tubing. Then just fill the brake fluid resevoir and pump the brake.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a one man kit from Pep Boys. I agree, it works well. There is a special connector that is supposed to latch on to the bleeder screw was crap. I took it off and pushed the hose over the bleeder. Still not bad for $6.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one man bleeder works good just a few upgrades to the kit i used there special fitting and put into a empty quart oil container so I didnt have to empty it often also i bought some line clamps which helped eliminate brake fluid from going everywhere.

Aaron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
xcmountain80
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing