TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to check, because I know some people here work for Toyota. My local dealer has a bunch of knuckleheads working in parts, and before I get myself out in the garage, and taking everything apart, does one of you know if I got the right part number here for my brake pads:
04465-04050
I have a 2002 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Extra Cab TRD.
Thanks,
TCS

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
TheChiefSinner said:
Just want to check, because I know some people here work for Toyota. My local dealer has a bunch of knuckleheads working in parts, and before I get myself out in the garage, and taking everything apart, does one of you know if I got the right part number here for my brake pads:
04465-04050
Thanks,
TCS
yes you did. :)

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
TheChiefSinner said:
Hey that was fast! Thanks! I got those pads for $13.50 after coupon and encore gift certificate, both of which would have expired soon, so I felt this would be a good purchase. I've got about 45K on my truck, so I figured its probably about time.
Thanks again,
TCS
That's cool. Without special coupons or certificates they are normally about $29

·
Registered
6 Posts
TheChiefSinner said:
Hey that was fast! Thanks! I got those pads for $13.50 after coupon and encore gift certificate, both of which would have expired soon, so I felt this would be a good purchase. I've got about 45K on my truck, so I figured its probably about time.
Thanks again,
TCS
You can get a lot more than 45K on a set of pads.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Muffyh101 said:
i got 48k on mine before they started squealing

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Muffyh101 said:

Not if you play in the mud A LOT like I used to do!!! :D I got less than 30K out of my fiirst set. Mud is EVIL!!! :xdevil:

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
jimmytbud7 said:
my back brakes are messed up, and i replace my front ones about every 15k....are the factory ones the best to use?

I get the Performance Friction pads from autozone. Word is that they are the same are the TRD pads--doesn't matter much to me because they work well and have a lifetime warranty. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Muffyh101 said:
I haven't heard the squeekers yet, and actually haven't even inspected the pad thickness either. I just got the pads because I had the coupon and gift certificate. Heck, I hope these pads last till 55 or 60K, but in the past, on my other toyota trucks, 45K would have been about right.

valkyrie said:
That's cool. Without special coupons or certificates they are normally about $29
Not at my local dealers! Both of them want $48ish for them. Southern California dealers are greedy, or at least the ones that are close to me are.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cmartinez95 said:
I get the Performance Friction pads from autozone. Word is that they are the same are the TRD pads--doesn't matter much to me because they work well and have a lifetime warranty. :)
How much are they from Autozone?

·
Registered
72 Posts
TheChiefSinner said:
04465-04050
Thanks,
TCS
I'm up to 70k on my stock brakes, but I do have the 5 speed. :xmoon:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Muffyh101 said:
Dealer just told me I need new ones after 33,000 miles. It's mostly highway driving too. I think they were full of it. Anyways I think I'll do the change myself. They wanted $170.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine are acting weird, just changed. If i stop fast no noise. If I stop slow right at the end they vibrate, no pulsing. Ideas?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I got 60K on my stock pads before I replaced them. Still had life left too, but I replaced them when upgraded to drilled rotors. 50k on those now....
Of course I have a manual....and the origial clutch too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
DakotaTacoma
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing