TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had problems with my truck pulling when braking, so I decided to replace the calipers, pads, and rotors and I am still have the same problem. What else should I look at? Also is there a better way to bleed the brakes? I have bleed and bleed and bleed the brakes but they still feel somewhat spongy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Did you check your tire pressures? If they are different on the passenger/driver sides it can cause the truck to pull. Also when was the laste alignment?

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
pump the brake pedal a lot before you open the valve. Should force most of the air to be next to the valve when you open it.

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dyingyak said:
Did you check your tire pressures? If they are different on the passenger/driver sides it can cause the truck to pull. Also when was the laste alignment?
Tire pressure is the same and I just had an alignment like 2 months ago and I had the problem before and after the alignment. The last thing to replace would be the brake line but would that go bad on a 3 year old truck?

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
ptrautne said:
I had problems with my truck pulling when braking, so I decided to replace the calipers, pads, and rotors and I am still have the same problem. What else should I look at? Also is there a better way to bleed the brakes? I have bleed and bleed and bleed the brakes but they still feel somewhat spongy.

You can use my break bleader if you need too.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I replied to your other post to me...maybe its time to go stainless brake lines. I also had some pulling when my tie-rods were going bad. Both of my inner tie-rods were bad so when I braked, it would pull either direction depending on the circumstances.

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cooper4x4 said:
I replied to your other post to me...maybe its time to go stainless brake lines. I also had some pulling when my tie-rods were going bad. Both of my inner tie-rods were bad so when I braked, it would pull either direction depending on the circumstances.
Thanks of the reply, I will try to replace the brake lines. Also the drivers side will lock up before the passenger side so I do not think it is steering related

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
ptrautne said:

Just a thought, did you bleed the rear BPV valve thingy? If you look at the junction in the rear where the metal lines go to the rubber, there is a bleeder valve. A lot of people dont realize that, including me (I still have to bleed it!!).

If you get stainless lines, I got mine custom made at:

www.crownperformance.com

8" longer than stock with a plastic coating for a little under 100 bucks shipped. If you use them, just remember to tell them the front is a banjo fitting as the first ones they sent me didnt have them.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I also have crown performance lines. If you tell them that you have a Tacoma, they should know how to make the lines. They are $90 at whatever length (Ithink)

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
joeylead said:
Just a thought, did you bleed the rear BPV valve thingy? If you look at the junction in the rear where the metal lines go to the rubber, there is a bleeder valve. A lot of people dont realize that, including me (I still have to bleed it!!).

If you get stainless lines, I got mine custom made at:

www.crownperformance.com

8" longer than stock with a plastic coating for a little under 100 bucks shipped. If you use them, just remember to tell them the front is a banjo fitting as the first ones they sent me didnt have them.
Yup I bleed the BPV. I bleed in this order if it makes a difference

1)BPV
2)pass rear
3)driver rear
4)pass front
5)driver front

1 - 11 of 11 Posts