TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 6cxl 4x4 and I have never flushed the brake system. The truck hs 150,000 miles and the pedal is very soft. I am going to replace the pads and rotors but was curious about having firestone or someone do a powerflush to change the fluid too. SOmeone at the local delaership told me that flushing can cause grit and rust in the brake system to get caught in your caliper seals and ruin them thus causing even more expense for the whole operation. Any opinion on having this done to a truck with so many miles? Thanks in advance

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
mohawk17 said:
I have a 98 6cxl 4x4 and I have never flushed the brake system. The truck hs 150,000 miles and the pedal is very soft. I am going to replace the pads and rotors but was curious about having firestone or someone do a powerflush to change the fluid too. SOmeone at the local delaership told me that flushing can cause grit and rust in the brake system to get caught in your caliper seals and ruin them thus causing even more expense for the whole operation. Any opinion on having this done to a truck with so many miles? Thanks in advance
http://www.motiveproducts.com/

HIGHLY recommended & its relatively inexpensive
Look into this product instead of paying a shop.
Just use a turkey baster or syringe to remove most of the old fluid in the MC reservoir instead of pushing the old fluid through the system.

THis is great for bleeding & flushing the brake system
You only pressurize the system to 15-20 psi,
More pressure is applied when you step on the brakes

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
it's a far bet to say that there is air in your lines if your brakes are soft after bleeding them. I recomend you bleed them by yourself again. (don't forget the fitting on the LSPV).

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
mohawk17 said:
Any opinion on having this done to a truck with so many miles? Thanks in advance
I second the Motive power bleeder. One man job and only takes a few minutes to flush the entire system. Don't forget the LSPV.

Later,
....Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts