TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be necessary to upgrade my brakes after going to 33" tiress?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I am upgrading just cause its time for new discs, i got 33's and it takes a lil longer to stop then stock. I ordered some brembo disks and hawk pads... hawks got here yesterday, discs get here 2 morrow. Can't wait!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I commend you 2 on your ideas. I have seen 100's of threads on here and no one has said anything about up grading brakes. You 2 seam to know more than other's. I don't know when to up grade with what size tires, but you need to at some stage. I have taught about posting a thread about this question, but you'll can say to lazy. Now that this is open, lets find out who knows what their talking about? :flamethro suit on.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I commend you 2 on your ideas. I have seen 100's of threads on here and no one has said anything about up grading brakes. You 2 seam to know more than other's. I don't know when to up grade with what size tires, but you need to at some stage. I have taught about posting a thread about this question, but you'll can say to lazy. Now that this is open, lets find out who knows what their talking about? :flamethro suit on.
haha sweet, thanks mang. so ya, anybody out there in yota land upgrade their brakes due to bigger tires?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
theres a few threads out there about upgrading your brakes... but i haven't seen a definate size where you need to upgrade your brakes, i'd assume 33s-35s is a good range to start thinkin bout an upgrade.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
Not really. Best thing to do is upgrade your rubber lines to SS lines (not the crappy Pro Comp lines, get the ones that Wheelers or Toytech offer) and upgrade to slotted / drilled rotors and whatnot.

Rear discs are nice, but for the most part the rear disc conversion kits just aren't worth the money for the upgrade.

·
Registered
260 Posts
This weekend I am upgrading all my brakes lines to SS, and ordered Brimbo blanks and Hawk LTS pads. All going on the tundra S13WE calipers.

·
Registered
870 Posts
i went with cross drilled an slotted rotors as well as perfomance pads, i only have 32's but i will be going to 4.88's and 33's soon so i thought it would be a good idea. the rear is gonna get discs too, my uncles 98 taco has frontrange's full floater and the thing stops 100% better than stock not to mention the chromo axles...

my biggest gripe is all these wanna be ghetto gangsters with their tahoes and big suv's on 28" rims thinking their the next hottest thing, yeah well they never stop to think about the extra force needed to stop all that rotational weight they just added, but all the good shops will do brake upgrades when they do rims so i guess that just one way of telling the crap places from the ones that know what their talking about....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Heck, I've upgraded my brakes before I even put on bigger tires. It needed a caliper so that's good enough time to replace the whole shooting match.

The german car manufacturers always laughed at us americans and our high horsepower muscle cars because for the most part noone ever upgraded the brakes. "Yea, it's got 500 horses with a 100 shot of nitrous. It's also got stock 1965 drum brakes."

I always figured stop was way more important than go, cause if you ain't got stop, you only go once.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I always figured stop was way more important than go, cause if you ain't got stop, you only go once.
hahaha that shit is funny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts