TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new coilovers for a 2.5" lift. They are brand new and still in the box. These are hands down the best coilovers you can buy for the tacoma. $800

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would shoot you a pm but this info is kind of important so ill just post it.

The pn# is 5-8615 and yes the warranty card is included.

The only reason I am selling these shocks is because I already have long travel that I was willing to sell to help fund the rear of my truck. I recently have had several discussions will people I have been introduced to and they have seemingly made it their mission to help get my truck dialed in and built to it's full potential and have put this all within my grasp.

If I was willing to sell my long travel to run a Donahoe Coilover and a TC upper arm, that right there should show you how awesome this system is.

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pics of coilovers

· Registered
384 Posts
would you be willing to sell those TC arms??

· Premium Member
582 Posts
mel22b said:
What is the difference in the regular and the long travel shocks? Do you have to have new upper arms for the long travel?

Thanks
You can run them with stock arms no problem, but you will not see any diffrence. If you have uniball upper arms you can get about 1" more travel with these. Might be good if you are going to get uniballs later on.

· Registered
384 Posts
Tankota said:
You can run them with stock arms no problem, but you will not see any diffrence. If you have uniball upper arms you can get about 1" more travel with these. Might be good if you are going to get uniballs later on.
so they wont do any damage to the stock uppers then??

· Registered
384 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mel22b said:
What is the difference in the regular and the long travel shocks? Do you have to have new upper arms for the long travel?

Thanks
The difference is a droop spacer inside the shock that keeps it from overextending and daming the shock. It's a limit strap built into the shock. There are two different shock versions. The first is meant to work with stock upper and lower arms and keeps the upper ball joint from pivoting too much. The other version of the Donahoe shock has a shorter droop spacer allowing for more travel and is designed to work with a uniball UCA which will accomodate that extra inch or so.

Im selling the Coilovers with the shorter spacer that are meant to be used with a uniball UCA. You could still use these coilovers with a stock upper arm. It's not going to destroy that upper ball joint unless you repeated beat on the truck.

· Premium Member
582 Posts
dnstaco said:
will these work on the new 05's...where are you located?
No, these will not work on the 05's. They use a diffrent design.

· Registered
1,065 Posts
str8xedge said:
The difference is a droop spacer inside the shock that keeps it from overextending and daming the shock. It's a limit strap built into the shock. There are two different shock versions. The first is meant to work with stock upper and lower arms and keeps the upper ball joint from pivoting too much. The other version of the Donahoe shock has a shorter droop spacer allowing for more travel and is designed to work with a uniball UCA which will accomodate that extra inch or so.

Im selling the Coilovers with the shorter spacer that are meant to be used with a uniball UCA. You could still use these coilovers with a stock upper arm. It's not going to destroy that upper ball joint unless you repeated beat on the truck.
All the information about the differences between the two shock models is correct, but YES, using the longer shock with the stock upper arm CAN damage the suspension. Ask Donahoe. When you see pictures of broken spindles, it's usually because the suspension was allowed to over-extend, leveragin the maxed-out upper balljoint against the spindle, causing it to fail.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.