TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this site and I have done quite a bit of reasearch before I went and opened my pie hole on this post.
I have an 02 dbl cab and am running 265/70/16's on it. I am wanting to put an ARB bumper on it and no wench along with 255/75 or 80/16's. Now for my problem I was all set on the OME's on the front and then a full leaf pack from Alcan for the rear and Bilstien 5100's. Then after reading for awhile I see some guys don't think that the OME's will with stand the weight of the ARB. Well that is fine I will go with Donahoe coilovers then come to find out that the hoe's don't do real good in high moisture areas
(snow melt rain ect.) and could possibly need rebuilt in a couple of years.
I am not a big off roader for fun, but I travel a lot of gravel roads because we live out in the middle of nowhere and the truck is used for hunting on lots of old nasty logging roads with lots of deep snow. I don't mind spending the money and doing it right the first time but I also want it to last and be the right set-up for my application.
So any of you guys that are running a ARB bumpers and coilovers or OME's with any input good or bad would be greatly appreciated. I know this subject has been hammered to death. And yes I have hit the search button but there is like 10,000 post on this subject of people taking ass chewings for not seaching and I don't have time to read all those. So if that is your intention save your time and mine and just skip by this thread. Thanks Jason

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
That's half the fun Looking up one thing and finding out more about other things. That's why I've spent hours and hours reading threads on this site. One of the good ones about coilovers and arb I kind of got in the middle of. Here is the link:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63413
It sure did help me out for when I get a new suspension upgrade. I'm leaning towards the Hoes after talking with a couple of dealers at a recent 4X show. You can get them valved for the heavier weight from the manufactor.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Donahoe offers "extreem weather coating" now (since about last summer). It runs $100 more. I went this route back around Sept last year.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I don't know why peeps are complaining about Hoes in a snow climate needing to be rebuilt after 2 years. Just take proper precaution and do a good pre-winter maintenence and you should be fine. When I lived in the midwest (salt country) we just put a good coat of carwax on the shocks before the winter and that was it. We wheeled all year round back there. Hell, you could even use spray on car wax for that matter and make the job a lot easier. I now live right on the ocean and my hoes still look great. I'm running the OME Dakars in the back and like them a lot. They carry a lot more weight than factory springs also. As for the bumper and spring rate issue, don't know, so I won't comment.

·
Registered
483 Posts
my hoes always look good,
...itshard out here for a pimp

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gsmsnuffy, That is the thread that I was referring to that got me to thinking about going with coilovers. Thanks.

Sadgoat, I called Donahoes the other day and they told me about the coating that they were putting on know. If I go with coilovers, I think I will get them with that coating on Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.