TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 brand new optima red tops, $100 each. located in socal.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would rather not ship them, but if it comes down to it I will.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm in oceanside. not sure if theyre 34r. all i know off the top of my head is that they have 1000 cranking amps and 800 cold cranking amps.

·
Registered
482 Posts
34R means that they are a direct replacement for the normal battery without having to reroute the battery cables. :)

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes they have two sets of terminals, one on the side and one on the top for the stock routed cables. This is it right here

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just finished installing one of these on my truck. The only thing that needed to be modified was a longer second ground cable from the negative terminal to the fender. I'm an electrician, and I'll include a proper length wire with terminals with the battery so you can just swap it out.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
i'm in oceanside. not sure if theyre 34r. all i know off the top of my head is that they have 1000 cranking amps and 800 cold cranking amps.

The side terminals negate that they are the 34 and not the 34R

I'm interested in one...

May I ask how you have come by these ?

I'm curious as to if they include any type of warranty... I'm guessing not... as yer a third party selling them... ?

Do you take PayPal ?

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We use them for our generators at work and someone ordered way too many extras that we didnt have room for.

As far as a warranty I can see what I can do, we get a ton of these in on a regular basis. If nothing else, I can grab you a used one and get it recharged since we just throw them away when they die on us.

I will ship if it comes down to it but I would rather stay local as these things are pretty heavy.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
taco23 said:
Can ya ship! 91803?
Dude I'm in SoCal too...why would you want me to ship? I'll actually be in Lake Forest at URD on Monday if you want to meet me there, looks like it's only about an hour from you.

Oh and yeah I have paypal.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
OK... consider one gone... If you could PM me yer PayPal addy ?

I'm not sure when I can come and get it... I was headed out of town for this coming weekend...

But want to pay now... if you can hold it for me...

I'm a little confused about yer warranty statement... These you are selling are new so I'm guessing you meant that if it failed you would hook me up with a used one ? What ever... as long as it is new and works when I get it... I'm good... I'll throw it away when it dies... LOL

·
Registered
556 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
Dude I'm in SoCal too...why would you want me to ship? I'll actually be in Lake Forest at URD on Monday if you want to meet me there, looks like it's only about an hour from you.

Oh and yeah I have paypal.
Gotta work and I have a kid so driving that far wouldn't be a plan for me. Thanks though!

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
It's a dry/gell cell battery... It can be mounted upside down or any angle you like and can handle vibration and abuse in a vehicle that is... well... more abused ;)... And also it puts out more power (cca's) then most standard type batteries... The marine or deep cycle batteries (blue top and yellow top) are probably better for high drain use... But In my case I'm already running a red top and so I'll just run two... to give me more capacity... One to power accessories and the other as start up...
Like any battery... it does have a life cycle and will eventually die though...

Downside is the prices of dry cell batteries are much more costly... There are a few other brands of dry cell batteries on the market as well...

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 2 that I have are brand new in the box. Taco23...if you want to throw me a couple extra bucks for gas I can bring it to you when I get done at URD.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts