TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
True Off-Road Racing Performance, Period!

From the leading manufacturer of high performance suspension technology, Sway-A-Way proudly introduces their newly re-designed RaceRunner bolt in performance coil-overs for Toyota trucks. RaceRunner Toyota Coilover Shocks come exclusively from the RaceRunner high performance off-road shock line, which has a long history of winning technology and success in the competitive off-road racing market. These kits feature both 2.0” & 2.5” diameter RaceRunner Coil-over Shocks. The 2.0” is ideal for those of you who prefer a smooth street ride with the ability to play in the dirt comfortably, and the 2.5” features 50% more oil capacity to keep the shock cooler for the hardcore off-road enthusiast who pushes their suspension to the limits on every adventure. Sway-A-Way has been the leading manufacturer of "True Bolt In Performance Coil-Overs" for Toyota's since 2000 and many other companies have followed suit. With new technology, a higher level of manufacturing excellence and wider scope of applications, RaceRunner Shocks can be found on more performance vehicles than ever before. For over 30 years the Sway-A-Way name has been a leader in off-road suspension technology.

Key Features:
-6061T6 Billet Upper Mount Plate
-Nitrogen Charged To 200Psi
-0-3" Adjustable Lift
-Internal Floating Piston Which Seperates Oil & Nitrogen To Prevent Cavitation & Fading
-High Tensile Chrome Silicone Spring, Prestressed And Shot-Peened To Preven Sagging
-Beautiful Electroless Nickel Finish
-"Real" Hydraulic Full Extension Damper
-7/8" Hard Chromed Shaft
-Urethane Shaft Bumper
-All Components Are CNC Machined In House From 7075T6 & 6061T6 Aircraft Alloy
- 5/8" PTFE Teflon Lined Steel Spherical Bearing

Applications:
2.0" Dia. 96-04 Tacoma, 00-05 Tundra, 96-02 4-Runner, 00-05 Sequoia
2.0" Dia. 2005 Tacoma, 03-Current 4-Runner
2.5" Dia. 05 Tacoma, Which Includes A Stock Replacement Swaybar
2.5" Dia. 96-04 Tacoma, 00-05 Tundra, 96-02 4-Runner, 00-05 Sequoia

Pricing:
2.0" Dia. $749.99 per set (Includes a spanner wrench)
2.5" Dia. $899.99 per set (Includes a spanner wrench)
2.5" Dia. 05 Tacoma $949.99 per set (Includes a swaybar and spanner wrench)

Please feel free to PM or email me [email protected] with any questions. Once again Thank You for your interest in RaceRunner Shocks. All product is available, please contact RaceRunner Authorized Dealers to purchase product.

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
Sweet!

How about some more pics of those on the new 4runner and Taco. Mmm, pics...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Forgive the question but what's the "Breaking News"? The price? Or is this a "Breaking Reminder". :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
AZTaco said:
Forgive the question but what's the "Breaking News"? The price? Or is this a "Breaking Reminder". :D
This is the breaking news:
sawryan said:
Sway-A-Way proudly introduces their newly re-designed RaceRunner bolt in performance coil-overs for Toyota trucks.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Bnorm said:
This is the breaking news:
not exactly breaking news.. the only thing I see is higher prices for the same thing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
DesertTRD said:
not exactly breaking news.. the only thing I see is higher prices for the same thing.
The "Breaking News" is the following:

1. 7 new applications which we have not offered prior to March 1, 2005!
A. 2005 Tacoma 2.5" Dia. Coil-Over Kit
B. 2005 Tacoma 2.0" Dia. Coil-Over Kit
C. 03-Current 4-Runner 2.0" Dia. Coil-Over Kit
D. 96-04 Tacoma 2.5" Dia. Coil-Over Kit
E. 00-Current Tundra 2.5" Dia. Coil-Over Kit
F. 96-04 4-Runner 2.5" Dia. Coil-Over Kit
G. 00-Current Seqouia 2.5" Dia. Coil-Over Kit

2. 2.0" Dia. Coil-Over has been revised from using upper spring hat as the upper mount, to using a heim at the top and bottom mounting locations.

3. Higher Prices?? The 2.0" has gone from $699.99 per set to $749.99 per set
because of the new heim-heim design. (Not The Same Shock)
A. We have never sold a 2.5" Dia. bolt in coil-over prior to 2005, so exactly how is that higher pricing?
B. The 2005 Tacoma 2.5" Dia. Coil-Over kit has a MSRP of $949.99 which includes a stock replacement swaybar.

4. Lastly, we have a coil-over shock to suite each individuals needs, and cover every Toyota Coil-Over Truck application in both 2.0" Dia. & 2.5" Dia. from 96-Current, which is something no other shock manufacturer can say.

Price Comparisons:

2.0" Dia. Coil-Over Shocks

King N/A
Donahoe N/A
Fabtech $899.99 set (Top Hat Design, 5/8" Shaft, Urethane Lower Shock Mount.
Sway-A-Way
Version 1 $699.99 set (Top Hat Design, 7/8" Shaft, 5/8" Spherical Bearing)
Version 2 (2005) $749.99 set (Heim-Heim Design)

2.5" Dia. Coil-Over Shocks

King $850.00 set 96-04 Tacoma, 00-05 Tundra
King 2005 Tacoma N/A
Donahoe $950.00 set 96-04 Tacoma, 00-05 Tundra
Donahoe 05 Tacoma $999.99 (Includes Swaybar Relocation Kit)
Camburg $899.99 96-04 Tacoma, 00-05 Tundra
Camburg 05 Tacoma N/A
Fox Shox N/A
Sway-A-Way $899.99 set 96-04 Tacoma, 00-05 Tundra
Sway-A-Way 05 Tacoma $949.99 (Includes Stock Replacement Swaybar)

Ryan Shimp
Director of Sales/Marketing
Sway-A-Way, Inc.
20724 Laseen St.
Chatsworth, CA 91311

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Bryanccfshr said:
Thanks for posting some Information on your coilovers.
Thanks for posting those boobs again Bryan... :D

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
At least your not requesting I switch it to a big hairy man butt. Which I will if pushed..:flipoff3:

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Bryanccfshr said:
At least your not requesting I switch it to a big hairy man butt. Which I will if pushed..:flipoff3:
Ooohh hell no!! Your avatar is purrfect..

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
sawryan said:
True Off-Road Racing Performance, Period!

From the leading manufacturer of high performance suspension technology, Sway-A-Way proudly introduces their newly re-designed RaceRunner bolt in performance coil-overs for Toyota trucks. RaceRunner Toyota Coilover Shocks come exclusively from the RaceRunner high performance off-road shock line, which has a long history of winning technology and success in the competitive off-road racing market. These kits feature both 2.0” & 2.5” diameter RaceRunner Coil-over Shocks. The 2.0” is ideal for those of you who prefer a smooth street ride with the ability to play in the dirt comfortably, and the 2.5” features 50% more oil capacity to keep the shock cooler for the hardcore off-road enthusiast who pushes their suspension to the limits on every adventure. Sway-A-Way has been the leading manufacturer of "True Bolt In Performance Coil-Overs" for Toyota's since 2000 and many other companies have followed suit. With new technology, a higher level of manufacturing excellence and wider scope of applications, RaceRunner Shocks can be found on more performance vehicles than ever before. For over 30 years the Sway-A-Way name has been a leader in off-road suspension technology.

Key Features:
-6061T6 Billet Upper Mount Plate
-Nitrogen Charged To 200Psi
-0-3" Adjustable Lift
-Internal Floating Piston Which Seperates Oil & Nitrogen To Prevent Cavitation & Fading
-High Tensile Chrome Silicone Spring, Prestressed And Shot-Peened To Preven Sagging
-Beautiful Electroless Nickel Finish
-"Real" Hydraulic Full Extension Damper
-7/8" Hard Chromed Shaft
-Urethane Shaft Bumper
-All Components Are CNC Machined In House From 7075T6 & 6061T6 Aircraft Alloy
- 5/8" PTFE Teflon Lined Steel Spherical Bearing

Applications:
2.0" Dia. 96-04 Tacoma, 00-05 Tundra, 96-02 4-Runner, 00-05 Sequoia
2.0" Dia. 2005 Tacoma, 03-Current 4-Runner
2.5" Dia. 05 Tacoma, Which Includes A Stock Replacement Swaybar
2.5" Dia. 96-04 Tacoma, 00-05 Tundra, 96-02 4-Runner, 00-05 Sequoia

Pricing:
2.0" Dia. $749.99 per set (Includes a spanner wrench)
2.5" Dia. $899.99 per set (Includes a spanner wrench)
2.5" Dia. 05 Tacoma $949.99 per set (Includes a swaybar and spanner wrench)

Please feel free to PM or email me [email protected] with any questions. Once again Thank You for your interest in RaceRunner Shocks. All product is available, please contact RaceRunner Authorized Dealers to purchase product.
nice. but do they come with a wrench that doesn't break like mine just did? :p I think it's time to take them appart and apply anti-seaze to the threads...just don't have a wench at the moment...

another Q...what other weight/length coils do you have for the older style 2.0" coilovers? I have the 15" 675# coils and they are a tad too stiff for my 4-banger even with all the armor I have up front.

·
[duma]
1,123 Posts
Ryan, how much for a replacement spanner wrench? I have the old gen 2" SAWs. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hytenor said:
nice. but do they come with a wrench that doesn't break like mine just did? :p I think it's time to take them appart and apply anti-seaze to the threads...just don't have a wench at the moment...

another Q...what other weight/length coils do you have for the older style 2.0" coilovers? I have the 15" 675# coils and they are a tad too stiff for my 4-banger even with all the armor I have up front.
Unfortunately same spanner wrench, however we are in the process of designing a stronger unit. As far as the Gen1 coil-overs these unfortunately come with a 15" 675lb coil, this is all that is available for them. You can try to revalve the shock to a softer valving stack, this may help with your needs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
hytenor said:

Hey chris.... are you interested in trading me for my 650# coils? I need stiffer coils.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
sawryan said:
Unfortunately same spanner wrench, however we are in the process of designing a stronger unit. As far as the Gen1 coil-overs these unfortunately come with a 15" 675lb coil, this is all that is available for them. You can try to revalve the shock to a softer valving stack, this may help with your needs.
how is revalving the shock going to improve flex since the coils are just too heavy? ...or am I just confused as to how these things work ;) Idealy I would like to regain the max flex I used to have with the OME suspension. I had to swap to SAWs to handle the weight of my winch/bumper and skids. I don't get near the articulation I used to get with these much heavier coils (up from the 15.5", 500# OMEs). Does Eibach make a 15 or 16" 600# or 650# coil that will work? the ride is sure a lot better overall though and they handle the bumps and whoops with ease, even with all the weight I have up front.

bummer on the wrench, I guess I'll just have to wait to re-do these things.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
hytenor said:
how is revalving the shock going to improve flex since the coils are just too heavy? ...or am I just confused as to how these things work ;) Idealy I would like to regain the max flex I used to have with the OME suspension. I had to swap to SAWs to handle the weight of my winch/bumper and skids. I don't get near the articulation I used to get with these much heavier coils (up from the 15.5", 500# OMEs). Does Eibach make a 15 or 16" 600# or 650# coil that will work? the ride is sure a lot better overall though and they handle the bumps and whoops with ease, even with all the weight I have up front.

bummer on the wrench, I guess I'll just have to wait to re-do these things.
You and I are in the same boat, except I still have the OME setup..I'm really reluctant to change because of the excellent flex I get with it..It sure seems we can't have the best of both worlds, a spring assy. that'll handle the weight and be soft enough to flex really well..

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
TacoCrazy said:
It sure seems we can't have the best of both worlds, a spring assy. that'll handle the weight and be soft enough to flex really well..
one would think ;)

If I didn't have all this extra weight I never would have taken the OME off.
I'm experimenting with lowering the SAWs and trimming where the tires rub. This should get me more usable articulation on the trail.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts