TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copied and pasted from the Alphabet Thread. I thought it deserved its own thread after I typed it all out.

Brian "Wabbit" Drawhorn is very unprofessional, unethical and generally a bad business person. Do not order anything from WabFab. Chances are you will be sorry you did from what I have seen.

He posted these links on his very own Facebook page. After reading them I told him that those links are hardly a good way to advertise his business and that maybe he should consider putting those links on his personal Facebook page instead. He took offense to this and posted some stupid comment about me. So I sent a message to his personal Facebook apologizing for being disrespectful. But I also told him to think about what he is doing to his business, and asked why he seems so eager to make enemies in a relatively small community of off road enthusiasts. This morning I find that he blocked me and posted another stupid comment about me. That's fine, you can't hurt my feelings that easy. But now all of you need to be the judge and read this stuff before you order from him.

Exhibit A:
https://www.facebook.com/WabFab

Brian's very own Facebook page. Here you see the links that he posted, some of his comments, and some followers that "swing from his nuts" everywhere he goes online. It's the same group of guys. You will see more of this in a second. He has deleted all of the negative comments that people made

Exhibit B:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...er-wabfab.html

This is just the link right off his Facebook page, so is the next one.

Exhibit C:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=975821

I could hardly read through that whole thing, but there are lots of examples there. And that's a really good example of his "cronies" that defend him everywhere.

Exhibit D:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1017866

In this one, it sounds like Brian offered to donate something for an event raffle. The guy who won it, had some mix up with the gift certificate and he refused to honor it.

Exhibit E:
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79474

This one is from COTTORA! Those of you around back the may remember this. Basically Prodigy was making a few round tube slider adapters for Hi-Lift Jacks for some friends in the club. He was making zero profit, just doing it as a favor. Unfortunately, Brian deleted most of his posts. But basically he threatened a lawsuit on Prodigy for copying his design. Then come to find out that Brian copied it from Badlands Bumpers!

This guy knows nothing about customer service! Do you really want to give your hard earned cash to him?

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doug had asked me to clarify in the Alphabet thread so I will put it here. I have not ordered from this guy, and I have not done business with him. I stumbled upon all of this stuff last night and I'm just trying to protect you guys, and make sure you don't get burned.

http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18226

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/vendor-reviews/184787-anyone-else-have-experience-wab-fab-off-road-llc.html

Another couple. Common theme here. Work on his very own time table that contradicts his own website and deal with it. Ask what that time table is and "fuck off" Oh and it looks like his refund is less the handling and processing fee. Classy.

I could do this all day. Google search him and you will find a lot more. It sounds like this guy used to have a regular 9-5 job and this was his weekend business. But now it is full time for him. So that's not an excuse anymore. You can't just take people's money and give them the run around like this

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could do this all day. Google search him and you will find a lot more. It sounds like this guy used to have a regular 9-5 job and this was his weekend business. But now it is full time for him. So that's not an excuse anymore. You can't just take people's money and give them the run around like this.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I saw your comments last night on the book. You were correct in the way he should have reacted, compared to the way he did. When you called him on it, a little childish hissy fit came out.

Thanks for showing your true colors as I will never order anything from you again. :D

You know you will get a ton of bag swingers in this thread now. Just remember to keep personal insults off the boards!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Most of the threads on pirate are from people ordering something and not recieving it in 3 days. As it was pointed out there is one guy with a few different names on pirate, so its one guy badmouthing wabbit. I ordered my stuff, recieved it in a timely manner.

Not a nut swinger, never commented on a post like this before. But you didn't tell the whole story, and the fact that you've never ordered anything from him and are badmouthing his practices blows my mind. I wish more vendors would tell whiny customers to pound sand.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have read enough to make my decision. Just showing my friends here on the Cottota board this stuff and letting them decide for themselves. I don't care if he does make a few orders on time, his conduct alone is enough to make me look elsewhere. You're from Alabama, and coming on to the Colorado board to defend this guy. You fit the bill of nut swinger. Several of the links I posted, people waited months without receiving anything, only to get a (partial) refund in the end. Even the link from Cottora shows what a loser this guy is. Read the links or shut up.

Calling out a vendor is always so hard. There are always people that worship them for some reason. And god forbid it's a sponsor vendor! I don't know whether Brian is, but that's another reason this is on CoTtora and not the national board.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I've already read the links. Just cause I'm from Alabama makes me a nutswinger? In case you haven't noticed, those threads create sales for Wab fab.

I was just sticking up for a vendor. He's a one man show. So yes its going to be slower.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
That's not the only thing that's being pointed out here. Its the way he acts towards customers and potential customers. Telling them to eff off, basically black listing them on his "team butthurt", and acting like a child when someone has a complaint, question, or a concern instead of handling it professionally.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you, Brian. You're really helping my case here.

I mean links are links, but if you want to put great examples like that on this page that would be great! Do you have any more?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Thank you, Brian. You're really helping my case here.

I mean links are links, but if you want to put great examples like that on this page that would be great! Do you have any more?
I'll be sure to post up your private FB message you scolded me with after I removed your posts. Will that help sooth your butthurt?

:welder:

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can post the messages if you like. I have nothing to be ashamed of and I've got time. You probably have some orders you should be filling instead.

·
7,735 Posts
Thank you for inviting the drama here. :rolleyes:

Can one of you post up that the other is a "poo-poo head" so the other can respond with "no. you are". Then we can lock the thread and call it all good.

There won't be very much bullshit tolerated here, by either of you, and I really don't give a shit if your a vendor or not.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lock it if you like. I have already accomplished my goal. The information is now out there and easily searched by anybody with enough sense to research who they are buying from. That's all I wanted from it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Since it's a Colorado thread, and I'm a Colorado member, and I have done business with him, here goes.

Ordered swaybar QD's for an 01 Taco. Received them in a timely manner. They are listed on the website as working on 95.5-04's. Except I found out that the sway bars are different on 01's and up, so they don't work. He asked if mine had been modified. No, it hasn't. I checked 6 or 7 other 01 and up taco's around town, and no, they're all the same. So I asked for a refund.

It should be pointed out that he was closed due to a hurricane or hurricane relief or something, and that was stated, so the delay in refund was not a big deal. But I did get a lot of what I now feel was condescending attitude about "they work, you just aren't putting them on right" and finally after a bit of back and forth, including me sending pictures and diagrams from the vehicles in question, a "fine, send em back then, I'll make it better". Eh, whatever, it's email, tone is hard to judge. I did eventually get my money back, and the only thing that was irritating was I was out return S+H ($11ish in this case). In my experience some companies will refund this, some won't. I prefer to do my future business with someone that will, especially if it was mistakenly advertised on their part. Unfortunately that isn't always an option, but such is life.

I did put a post on the national board commending him for refunding my money, and I still think he did so in a timely manner. At the time I called him very professional because I think there were some frustrations on each side but we still got everything worked out. I also said I would do business with him again.

As time has gone on, I'm not so sure about this. I'm not going to go back and delete my post, because that was how I felt at the time, and I'm not going to hide from that. I may have been a little too happy just to get my money back, as this has not always happened in my dealings on the web. Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything.

My questions now would be "how hard would you have to try to find an 01-04 taco and agree with me that they wouldn't work?", "why was the tone so condescending? Even if I had no clue whatsoever what I was talking about you shouldn't treat customers in that manner", and "why does your website still list these as working? Do you want this to happen again?" "What else on your website doesn't work as advertised?"

At any rate, yeah, caveat emptor, just like with everything else in life and web business especially. I learned my lesson to research all these things more carefully, and to not always take stated claims as gospel truth. I will say that if I was a prospective future customer, or even a returning customer, that some of Brian's comments here would be received very poorly by me in regards to whether or not I wanted to try again.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts