TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have a project for ttora again! Too many chevys and a long dodge build have kept me away from yotas haha.

First Dirt Designs bolt on LT kit. I stuck with full race kits for the last 4 years but finally have designed some bolt in parts. The truck came in with replacement ucas+icons and is leaving with 8" kings and 15" of bolt on travel. With 35x12.5 tires!! The kit is a total of 6" over: 4" over arms and 2" for reworking the spindle geometry for better handling. It will use the stock hubs, brakes, and will still use the factory speed sensor.

Should be getting finished up here within the next week and then i will start taking pre orders on these kits if anyone wants one.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Right on! Looks like it's coming along nicely. Brian is going to have a badass truck :cool:

6"+ is going to be pretty wide up front tho! What's the guesstimated track width?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks killer, I was checking it out on FB last night.. So where's the bolt on lt for the first gens?:D

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6"+ is going to be pretty wide up front tho! What's the guesstimated track width?
Honestly it doesnt look that wide on the truck. Looks like it should with LT. Outside tire width is going to be 90" with a 35x12.5 tire. The newer tacomas stock are the same width as a 88-98 stock chevy 1500....guess how wide the chevy is with LT....90" wide haha. Tire will still tuck inside the fenders, and only stick out about 2" at ride height. Hopefully we will finish welding the kit tomorrow afternoon and i can get some pics for everyone.

Looks killer, I was checking it out on FB last night.. So where's the bolt on lt for the first gens?:D
Not yet. I do have someone lined up after brian with a 99 6lug, but its just upper and lower arms for now. I can get all the geometry i need from the truck and design a full race kit for the older tacomas.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Honestly it doesnt look that wide on the truck. Looks like it should with LT. Outside tire width is going to be 90" with a 35x12.5 tire. The newer tacomas stock are the same width as a 88-98 stock chevy 1500....guess how wide the chevy is with LT....90" wide haha. Tire will still tuck inside the fenders, and only stick out about 2" at ride height. Hopefully we will finish welding the kit tomorrow afternoon and i can get some pics for everyone.
I've seen the other stuff you built and I'm sure you've got it all figured out.

6"+ in the my head just seemed super wide. :cool:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen the other stuff you built and I'm sure you've got it all figured out.

6"+ in the my head just seemed super wide. :cool:
I thought the same thing when i had the rough sketch together, but i think even last gen tacomas with a 3.5" over kit and lift spindle are 5.5-6" over stock.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I thought the same thing when i had the rough sketch together, but i think even last gen tacomas with a 3.5" over kit and lift spindle are 5.5-6" over stock.
Yeah, with the Solo Spindle (unless there's another one) they're just shy of 5.5" over.

Most 2nd Gen Tacoma's lift Spindles (Camburg & TC) only add about 0.5" width overall I believe.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The lower arm looks like you could easily add secondary shock tab but the resi is right where your upper mount would be...I'm sure everything was well thought out though.. socalmotos 's work has always looked very well designed

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks awesome. Is he going to be able to add a bypass?
Of course!! Im hoping he will. I think there will be room for a 3.5bypass. Im stuck on big shocks now after the dodge lol

The lower arm looks like you could easily add secondary shock tab but the resi is right where your upper mount would be...I'm sure everything was well thought out though.. socalmotos 's work has always looked very well designed
Thank you sir

Some pics with 35x12.5

1 - 15 of 15 Posts