TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some Bridgestone Dueler M/T's from Costco. They asked me if I wanted the black or white side out. I asked them if the tread pattern made a difference and they said no. So, I had them mounted black side out.

I looked at the tread pattern once I got home and it "seems" like they would have more traction moving forward if mounted white side out.

My question: Does anybody know if you can run these tires (or any A/T or M/T tire) in either direction? I want to know for sure before I put some miles on these things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
All tires are directional except, swampers and geolander mts and mt baja calws.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
96Toy said:
All tires are directional except, swampers and geolander mts and mt baja calws.
So, it sounds like that I should have them flipped over white-side-out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,478 Posts
96Toy said:
All tires are directional except, swampers and geolander mts and mt baja calws.
Not quite. A directional tire will have an arrow dictating rotation, such as a saw blade has. Or, writing only on one side. RARE. This situation came from the first bias ply and radial tires being combined, and the fact that some tire sizes were able to be both steering tires, and driving tires. The direction was crucial then, but on modern production street tires, not nearly so important. Unless, they have that pesky rotation warning.... :xdevil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm... I don't remember seeing any arrows on the sidewalls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
741 Posts
couldn't you just move them to the other side of the truck? left to right, that would change the direction the tire was spinning... correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TacomaNova said:
couldn't you just move them to the other side of the truck? left to right, that would change the direction the tire was spinning... correct?
Yeah, I could. I'm just not sure if there's a particular direction they "should" be going. Going by this pic, which direction makes sense?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I may have just answered my own dumb question. If you split the tire in half around the circumference, the tread pattern is opposite/mirror on one side compared to the other side. Makes sense to me now, I think. Or something. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
741 Posts
cheez said:
Yeah, I could. I'm just not sure if there's a particular direction they "should" be going. Going by this pic, which direction makes sense?
by that picture, i don't see anything directional, looks as though either way you will have the same pattern..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
741 Posts
cheez said:
I think I may have just answered my own dumb question. If you split the tire in half around the circumference, the tread pattern is opposite/mirror on one side compared to the other side. Makes sense to me now, I think. Or something. :)
yeah, that is what i see as well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I knew it was kind of a dumb question that I knew the answer to but I was too tired to figure it out. I'll sleep better knowing I answered my own dumb question :eek: Thanks for the help!

BTW: these tires look sweet. I can't wait to try them out on Saturday in the snow and mud :D Hopefully they won't rub
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top