TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any experience with these? i know "cheez" has them, but anyone else? i'm looking for good snow/ice/wet traction on road, though most of my off-road stuff is mud/dirt. please let me know what you think of them.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Well, i have not had experiance with them, but always wanted them. They just dont come in a size I like. They are, from what I have heard, really nice and work ewll in mud and sand. not sure about icy traction considering they dont have sipping, but then again most mud tires dont either.

·
Registered
81 Posts
WindsorTaco said:
does anyone have any experience with these? i know "cheez" has them, but anyone else? i'm looking for good snow/ice/wet traction on road, though most of my off-road stuff is mud/dirt. please let me know what you think of them.
I'm on my second set. They are fairly quiet, wear well and do petty well off road. I think the rubber compound is a bit hard if you are looking for something great in the rocks. They can bit a bit slick in the rain due to the lack of siping.

·
Master "Yota"
431 Posts
I wouldn't buy mud tires for snow/ice you'll slide all over the place. In deep deep snow they would be OK but for icy roads bad bad bad!! You need a tire with lots of small sipes. If you look at a winter tire you'll see what I mean. My dad had Goodyear MTR's on his Tundra, and he loved them until the winter came, then once the roads got icy he was all over the place even in 4 wheel. He went out and bought some BFG A/T's for the winter but I think he's going to stick with them and sell his MTR's because 99% of his driving is on road.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Great tires for everything but snow/ice. I took them off after 35M and they still had 50% tread left. They didn't balance very well but they are MT's...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool, thanks for the replies. i'm not sure what i'm going to go with yet. i think the BFG A/T may suffice. though the deep mud may pose alot of problems......perfect tires are hard to come by, i guess :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts