TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
X2...

I got an SUV harness... used (wit a slightly melted pug end), fm RJ (drabnor)
fixed 'er up a little... and things were golden

was an obvious output improvement using the oem wattage bulbs.

the heavier gauge harness will allow for a higher wattage bulb...
but I never bothered with it... mostly 'cause they're illegal in most states...

and I don't need any LEO's reminding me of that ;)

ps... don't add a higher wattage bulb before upgrading 'da harness. :2cents:

·
Registered
719 Posts
seriously?

X2...

I got an SUV harness... used (wit a slightly melted pug end), fm RJ (drabnor)
fixed 'er up a little... and things were golden

was an obvious output improvement using the oem wattage bulbs.

the heavier gauge harness will allow for a higher wattage bulb...
but I never bothered with it... mostly 'cause they're illegal in most states...

and I don't need any LEO's reminding me of that ;)

ps... don't add a higher wattage bulb before upgrading 'da harness. :2cents:
Dell,
Are you serious? Is there that much voltage drop with the stock wiring? (07?) I looked at those wires when I installed my bumper and I thought they looked kind of thin. I'll have to reach in there and see if they are warm. If so, that is screwed :mad:
Teryx

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Dell,
Are you serious? Is there that much voltage drop with the stock wiring? (07?) I looked at those wires when I installed my bumper and I thought they looked kind of thin. I'll have to reach in there and see if they are warm. If so, that is screwed :mad:
Teryx
it's a noticeable improvement... so yeah

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
it's a noticeable improvement... so yeah
hes got an 07 so maybe they changed to better wiring(doubt it). would definelty me worth lookin at the wiring though

·
Registered
719 Posts
Thanks for the heads up guys. It's pretty easy to check. Where I drive I need all the light I can get. Shit, I just don't need another project :(

Teryx

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
well fawk... and here I thought the whole point of owning a truck...
was to be out wheelin' and using 'da shit ?

...guess I was wrong :banghead:

instead I should spend my time farking around with some bling lights that prolly piss off every driver that has to look thru their fucking rearview. :mad:

I'll get right on it. :rolleyes:

wait a minute...
I don't remember me stating... this was a worthwhile project :flipoff4:
just said.. that it was more like a project. ;)
actually I'd consider it a costly chore. :shiner:

besides... once I switch on my four lightforce lights...
any headlight beam... seems near irrelevant. :p

·
Registered
100 Posts
what about the harnesses on a 94 4x4? because i would LOVE to have more light out on the trail from my headlights, and am also just kinda curious as to whats involved.. i was honestly considering taking a bad pair of headlights and cut the rears out and then epoxy some H4 slats onto it ( properly alligned ofcourse ). and through some HID's in there

·
Registered
422 Posts
what about the harnesses on a 94 4x4? because i would LOVE to have more light out on the trail from my headlights, and am also just kinda curious as to whats involved.. i was honestly considering taking a bad pair of headlights and cut the rears out and then epoxy some H4 slats onto it ( properly alligned ofcourse ). and through some HID's in there
IPF h4 conversion lenses, 4x41 bulbs, and heavy duty harness.
You will see greatly improved lighting. Best you can get before going HID...

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I guess the crappy wiring is a thing with toyota? I just got a replacement harnes for my 85' 60 along with some cibie lights and osram bulbs since it had the weakest lights in the fleet. The 00' tacoma is next in line and for some strange reason the 93' 80 series seems to have the "best" lights of them all.

D

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
okay, so i have been reading a book that i have about electrical and harnesses and junk, what is the actual defect in the factory harness, the lack of power that they send to the bulb?

because i was considering looking into the factory wireing diagram and if power is the issue, rebuilding the circuit to supply as much power as what ever headlights i use can handle.

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
My headlights "became" brighter my using the 3M headlight refinish kit. Obviously doesn't make them brighter than stock, but considerably better than the sun faded versions.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts