TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yep, i got bored. time to make a buildup thread.

How she sits as of November 2008:

Specs:
-2005 Toyota Tacoma w/ 4.0
-Total Chaos longtravel kit
-King 2.5x8" coilovers up front (600lbs. coils, anodized black)
-Richer Racing 62" setup (17.5" of travel uninverted shackles)
-Richer Racing 100% bolt-in bedcage
-King 2.5x16" double bypasses in the rear (3.0 compression tube custom from Giant, anodized black)
-King 2.5x4" bumpstops in the rear
-Front/Rear bumpers by BBR
-Glassworks front fenders
-Fiberwerx TT bedsides
-16x8 American Racing Chamber Teflons
-285/75r16 Nitto Terragrapplers

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
May 2005:

I brought my truck home for the first time, bone stock, i swore that i would never mod this vehicle.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
July 2006:

Well, I had made it a year and while browsing TTORA i came upon SinCityTaco selling his practically brand new Donahoe coilovers for $700. I couldn't resist. Sneaking behind the now ex-girlfriend and ignoring my promise to never mod this truck I made arrangements with SinCityTaco to pick up the coilovers while in Vegas, and i did that. Shortly thereafter i told the girlfriend and bought myself wheels and tires to go along with the new coilovers.

I decided on Wheelers steelies (type b, 16x8) and Nitto Terragrapplers (265/75r16)

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
September 2006:

Alright, truck is looking awesome, right? Wrong. If im going for this blackout theme i may as well go balls out on it. First i debadged, then I grew a pair of balls and did the the BHLM, then get out the wallet and ordered a black trd sport grill surround form trdparts4u.com. I then found someone to trade my chrome rear bumper for their basemodel black bumper. Probably my cheapest, but cleanest looking mods.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
November 2006:

The frontend is feeling really nice now and it was time for the rearend to get a little work done. Called up my buddy at Donahoe and ordered some Resis from them. They were on the next day. Windows were also tinted.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
January 2007:

I've always been a fan of overkill, so I went ahead and ordered the Donahoe billet aluminum upper control arms and threw them on the truck. It looked AMAZING. At the same time i brought my coilovers down to donahoe and had them prototype the smaller spacer for our coilovers in shop, so we ended up getting an extra 3/4" of travel.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
February/March 2007:

Found a killer deal on some barely used Deaver 10packs and i jumped right on it. Threw some undercoating on them and installed them by myself (I advise you get someone to help you, haha.)

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
April/May 2007:

Early May i went ahead and bought myself a race radio (an icom 208-h). I then recieved money for my Birthday, so like every other 21 year old, i spent it all, and then some, on my truck. I called up my buddy and ordered a set of the Donahoe Chubbies for all 4 corners. These handled awesome, i loved them.

SUCCESS THE TRUCK IS FINALLY DONE!

....or so i thought.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
July 2007:

I begin to hate my life. I rode in Chaz's truck and began to realize the Donahoes could not hang with LT. I sell everything suspension wise. Donahoe coilovers, resis, upper control arms, and even the chubbies. In July i pick up my Glassworks front fenders and my Total Chaos longtravel kit.

and the downward spiral that i call my bank account begins to deplete.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
August 2007:

Well those fenders did not stay in the garage for that long. Got the main fenders installed and the bumper caps shortly thereafter. My custom ordered black anodized King shocks were also ready for pickup. The coils will be powdercoated by the end of the build.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
August 2007 Cont.:

Towards the end of the month I had a get together for TTORA so we could all install my LT kit together, learn some stuff, and save me some money at the same time. The thread is found Here.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
December 2007:

While i was at it i decided to sell the Wheelers steelies and pick up some brand new 16x8 American Racing Chamber Teflons. Threw them on ASAP for a run to the desert.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
February 2008:

HA! you thought i was done. Nope. Once again Johnny at Trifecta Offroad hooked up a bunch of people on TTORA with a killer deal on Glassworks bedsides. I couldn't pass it up so i picked up a pair.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
May 2008:

After giving my wallet a break for 2 month i decided that i needed to spend more money that i didn't have, lol. So i began on the rearend. Through Giant Motorsports you are able to custom order King bypasses which use a larger compression tube. They call them Link Killers. I liked the idea so i decided to order a set of 2.5x16" King double bypasses through them, anodized black of course. I also picked up Ryans old Deaver f67 pack that he used for one trip.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
May/June 2008:

Dropped off my truck at Richer Racing on May 16th to have their 62" Deaver kit put on my truck with the traditional Toyota shackles and it was knocked out in a week. Jonny Richer also went ahead and boxed in my frame where it bends right after the cab. Two weeks later i went back into Richer Racing to get a bedcage. I explained to him i wanted something simple and clean. What he produced blew my mind. A 100% bolt-in bedcage that used all stock holes. And an added plus, my shocks do not run above the bedsides so if i wanted i could run a light tonneau over my bed. I could not be happier.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
October 2008:

Got my front and rear bumpers made by BBR. Also got a pair of fiberwerx TT bedsides, and while i was at it i bought another dust light and finally wired them up.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts