TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I went night wheeling with my buddy in his stock jeep wrangler and another buddy in his F250 with a 6" lift on 35's. We played around in the mud for a little bit and then we headed to where the steep stuff is. There's this big rock face with patches of sand, and has 4 lines you can go up (there's some pictures and a couple videos of it if you click the link in my sig). Well we started with the steepest, roughest one. the jeep and i had been out there before but the f250 hadn't. I went up first and made it relatively easily, the jeep followed and had a little more trouble. then the f250 went...it's a 94 xcab long bed, so it's not exactly the best trail rig. He was hesitant to try, but after my "are you gonna let a little tacoma show you up?" comment, he decided to go for it. after several attempts and almost rolling it a few times, he finally backed down. When he got down we smelled something, so we popped the hood and found power steering fluid everywhere. A line had busted off, so we got it back on and filled it up. After we were done he tried to start it, nothing. So I gave him a jump, nothing. So we towed him and tried to bump start it, nothing. Finally we figured out the there was a loose connection on the battery terminal, which we checked earlier but didnt notice. So then I headed up one of the easier climbs, and made it without a glitch. Once again the jeep followed, and only had a few holdups. Then the f250 tried...after bouncing around for a while and almost rolling it again, he came back down with a tie rod bent into a U. About this time an s10 w/ long travel, 4links rollcage, and a tube body rolled up. We talked for a little and then he took of...and for some reason I decided to see if i could keep up. Surprisingly I stayed with him for a while, but i could tell I was bouncing around way more than him. the donahoes were great up front, but the back was just to stiff with the stock leafsprings. After taking a few good hits I decided to call it quits before I broke something. We mangaed to limp the F250 back to a McDonalds parking lot and parked it there. Luckily we found a Kragen open and they had a tie rod in stock, so we headed back to McDonalds and started wrenching. An hour or so later we were back on the road.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
So last night I went night wheeling with my buddy in his stock jeep wrangler and another buddy in his F250 with a 6" lift on 35's. We played around in the mud for a little bit and then we headed to where the steep stuff is.
Sounds like fun! Dude call me next time!

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
great story love it how it happened 2 years ago:thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts