TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke a add-a-leaf the other day...how the hell do you break an add-a-leaf? I do some wheeling and i never haul anything heavy. It looks as if the leaf had a void or air pocket in the middle of it, but i cant tell. Does this happen a lot with add-a-leafs?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Broke mine, havent taken it off it yet to see why, still waiting on UPS to brign me one of my AP leafs.

I had a short pro comp AAL.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What kind of AAL do you have? I have a 3.5 inch Fabtech and I installed it on my truck which had about 60000 on it, used when I got it. When I put the Fabtech AAL's in, they bent all the way down and the truck sits stock WTF!! :mad: So the coilovers I have on the front are cranked down all the way to the bottom - stock height :mad: :mad: :mad: . What a waste. I can see how they could break if they are compressed like mine, and Ive herd that they are not the best way to go because they do break so I guess Its more common than people think. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I don't remember what kind I had but never had any issues. It lifted the back 2.5-3" just like it should. I put about 15k miles on it with regular wheeling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i snapped my driver's side downey AAL earlier this year. it made a huge ear-splitting pop when it broke. the funny thing was i was just driving along on the freeway when it happened.

replaced it with the ome leafpack over thanksgiving, and i couldn't be happier. after i took out the leafpack i inspected the passenger's side and there was a crack developing in it as well.

·
Browns Fan on Dirt!
2,996 Posts
Derka said:
I broke a add-a-leaf the other day...how the hell do you break an add-a-leaf? I do some wheeling and i never haul anything heavy. It looks as if the leaf had a void or air pocket in the middle of it, but i cant tell. Does this happen a lot with add-a-leafs?
Yep, broke both of mine at the same time. One punctured the gas tank.

AALs stink.

Get Deavers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
CadetLee
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing