TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a 4.7L v8 from a tundra. Both cam bolts where broken off, but cam out with my fingers. Now, I am trying to figure out the best way to remove the alinment pins. I am not sure how this happend, I am just trying to salvage the engine. Valve train is other wise fine.

Right side Cam bolt

Left side: (both sides look like this now)

I assume that the pins are hardened steel?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tried to drill one of the pins, I could drill it, but the hole was not perfect. I threw in the towel and found a complete set of 4 used camshafts on Ebay for $75 shipped.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
why not run some performance ones if there out already? unless this was just a stock rebuild.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Ehh, trying to keep cost low at this point, and I dont know of any performance cams. I looked at LCE to see what cams they had, but they didnt list any.
makes sense. No head work? Im all about the bolt ons but if your cracking it open, you know i just say upgrade something :D.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
makes sense. No head work? Im all about the bolt ons but if your cracking it open, you know i just say upgrade something :D.
Yea I know what you mean. This will be a stock build for now. Once its in and running might think about adding power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts