TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The center leaf spring on the driver's side broke, so I need to replace my leaf springs. Going online, I see many different products, yet I don't know how to compare them. I see lifts of 1.5" - 4". Warranties are all over the place, from nothing to lifetime. I don't know what is stock on this truck, and the OEM part #s are discontinued. I'd appreciate any help you can offer to help me choose replacement springs. It doesn't look like 2.7 engine, Xtra cab and manual transmission affect the choice.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,519 Posts
The 95-97 model years have shorter leaf springs than the 98-04 models. OME offers Dakar models which are a really good option. Deaver can also custom make the springs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the information. Based on what I'm hearing, it doesn't appear there is significant difference between any of the manufacturers, so I'll just check around and see where I can get the best deal. Most of those I see talk about added lift, which I don't believe I need. How do I determine what the stock lift is for this truck?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,519 Posts
Its either stock or lifted, there is no stock lifted height. There are differences in springs, but for stock replacements, many are the same. Its really the aftermarket lift springs that start to get into upgraded features. I've got a set of custom Deaver springs, but my truck is lifted 2.75".

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know generalspringkc offers replacement leaf springs. You can also choose their Heavy Duty ones for towing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts