TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've gotta spare SFA housing to eventually build up and use in BR. Plan on the usual stuff... Hy-Steer, IFS hubs, Longs, Gussets, Armor, etc...

I've hacked off all the bracketry except for the steering damper bracket. I don't see any reason to keep it. A Hy-Steer damper mounts completly different as well as hydro-assist...

I've surfed around looking at different axles and don't see anyone re-using it. What do ya'll think? Hack it? :saw:

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Hack it.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Well the '5th bolt mod' + ARPs seems to be holding up on Smokey. Spend the money saved on chromo axles ... or .... well ... GAS! AAAARRRGGGHHHH!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I have a few feelers out so we'll see what happens.
...and yeah, ain't none of this gonna matter if I can't gas up BR!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IFS hub donors off Chicken Runner...

Got all the brackets hacked off, ground and most the paint and gunk off.

Okay, so how do I verify this housing is straight? I've "eyeballed" it all I can and don't see anything obvious. It's a junk yard find so I have no idea what the history is on this thing (other than it came off what was left of a stock truck)
help.. help.. help.. help.. help.. need a little help.. help.. help..

·
Registered
717 Posts
You could use a laser level. The kind that puts a red lines on walls.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You could use a laser level. The kind that puts a red lines on walls.
Good idea, I actually have one of those.

Greg,
I'm soooo far behind it's not even funny. I promise to get over your way one of these days.

Not SFA but SRA
Mmmmmm... BACON!!

How bout' this for a lucky dog dumpster dive! This is a 1/4" steel plate, perfect 90* break, plasma or wjet cut finish... it was used to secure a piece of equipment we bought to skid at work. It was gonna go to the dump... hummmm, what could I use this for :D

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
nice! wanna come over and do mine now?

btw did you leave your shocks in the stock positions or relocate them?

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
holy cow the underside of that truck is clean!! :)

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
holy cow the underside of that truck is clean!! :)

LOL now he just needs to do what Sammy (KMRUNNER) use to do and spray WD40 on the whole underside. It turns black really black and clean looking.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL now he just needs to do what Sammy (KMRUNNER) use to do and spray WD40 on the whole underside. It turns black really black and clean looking.
I've never heard of that!

nice! wanna come over and do mine now?

btw did you leave your shocks in the stock positions or relocate them?
Truth is.... I farmed the install out. Scott over at SBC did the work. Top notch too. If I did it, it would take two weeks and it would go sideways down the road... and I'd be walking to work while BR was down.

The shocks are in the original position and will stay that way. I personally believe the shocks helps axle wrap issues...(if they don't, please don't tell me) specially with 63's.. holy cow those springs are long. The plan is to extend the upper mount a few inches and maybe the lower one an inch. Then match the shocks to stops (which also have to be done). BR goes back to SBC Fri for measurements and get shocks ordered

:kewl: Looks good!
Thanks!

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
Oh please! said the chick with the show room restored T4R!! ;) It is gonna be at SETO right???
Possibly ;) I'm hoping we will need to haul a load of sponsor goodies in it! Not sure if it will hit the trails though, its gotta get me to work every day now :)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Ger ready for some serious axle wrap. The best thing I did with mine with the 63s was a traction bar but maybe that axle wrap has somethign to do with my heavy right foot at times. But, I bet you'll like them a lot. They sure do flex like crazy and have a soft, comfortable ride.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts